Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which phone has the best camera at the minute?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Looking to change in August – main prerequisite is a good camera. Coming from an S5 which is pretty good but lacks certain controls.
    Which phone takes the best pix?

AlexSimon

From what I’ve seen on flickr, forums and friend’s phones, the iPhone 6S+ takes a lot of beating for consistency.

Trying to find a consensus among the millions of alternatives is difficult due to the lack of shots, but the top-of-the-range Samsungs (I’ve lost track of which) usually stand out for me.

The OnePlus cameras seem pretty good as a cheaper option.

A friend has the Nexus 6P and early shots also look impressive, but I’m not sure where that sits on the price scale.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Phone with the best camera……. Panasonic CM1… rest of the phone isn’t great now.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras-and-camcorders/cameras/compact-cameras/panasonic-cm1-1277446/review

Wouldn’t bother with One Plus if you want a good camera, they are OK at best.

Cheers, Steve

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Oh there is the Huawei P9 which has been breathed on by Leica.

Huawei P9 review

Cheers, Steve

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The one held by the best photographer…
    I’ve got shots from my 6p that are better than some from my eos

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ja86th]Camera test[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    Nexus 6p just a quick snap

stilltortoise
    Free Member

main prerequisite is a good camera. Coming from an S5 which is pretty good but lacks certain controls.
    Which phone takes the best pix?

Are you after more control of the camera or simply the best (point and click) camera? The hardware (optics, sensor etc) control the quality, but the settings (e.g exposure control) are part of the app you use. The stock iPhone Camera app, for example, has some manual control over focus and exposure, but if twiddling with settings is your priority you may want to look at different apps.

Can’t help on the “which camera” I’m afraid. I have only ever had iPhones.

footflaps

Slight tangent, but great site for comparing the iPhone models and seeing how camera tech (in phones) has improved…

The ultimate iPhone camera comparison: How does the iPhone 6s camera compare to every other iPhone generation?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve a Samsung S7 and i’ve not been too impressed – too much oversharpening of the image.

Briefly owned an LG G4 which had an amazing camera (but terrible battery life), not sure how the G5 compares.

iPhones always seem to produce consistently good shots, without resorting to manual controls. It’s not just the lens/sensor either, i think they’ve spent a lot of time optimising the software side of things too.

DezB
    Free Member

Might depend what your subjects are? For example, I’ve found the 6S not great for landscapes, but detailed stuff (like photos for ebay items!) are really good.

yunki
    Free Member

Yummy

Lazgoat
    Free Member

The Nexus 5x and 6p share the same camera module, though the 6p has better controls. Both produce great shots. The new OnePlus 3 apparently has a very good camera too, and some beastly specifications.

My wife has an iPhone 6 and while the camera is fast and consistent is say it’s over saturated most of the time. But of you want a camera you can launch in a second and snap immediately it’s great. I assume the rest of the newer iPhones are the same for speed.

acidtest
    Free Member

From the reviews I read the other day the Samsung s7 edge has the best camera. The pics look good to me but I’m no expert.

rocketman
    Free Member

iPhone 6 takes amazing pictures snaps most of the time but I think there’s some post-processing going on things tend to look better than they actually are

Weakness is low light and distance

richardkennerley

Samsung galaxy zoom, latest version. Proper optical zoom. I got some great pic’s on mine, but it’s a bulky beast

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which phone has the best camera at the minute?’ is closed to new replies.