Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Which mobile phone?
  • tails
    Free Member

I currently have a nokia 6300 which I like, I have liked all the nokia's I have owned. I also liked my sony ericsson w810. I don't want an iphone as good as they are i don't want to carry around a dinner plate.

I would like longer battery life than the awful battery on the 6300, other than that I'm happy with the phone.

Whats out there?

jimmy

Sony Naite. "Eco-phone". Or C901

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

New sony satio

tails
    Free Member

I like the naite and c901 alright that satio looks a bit iphone size.

muggomagic

anything with a touch screen basically equals short battery life.
    Some of the samsung phones (non touch screen, i think it's the i8510) are meant to have really good battery life.

davidrussell
    Free Member

nokia n86. solid build quality, good screen, decent battery life, most of the gizmos the n97 has.

tails
    Free Member

think i'll get the naite as all the others have a certain

about them. 😆

tails
    Free Member

just had a look at the sony naite, nice looking and good size. but i only want the handset as o2 simplicity is far better than the tariffs they offer, so will have to wait until its available on pay n go

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I've just got the Sony Ericsson Satio and first impressions are very good.

Yes it is fairly large but then again it's not that bad considering it's got every feature under the sun and a AMAZING 12MP camera (and I mean it's really very good regardless of the MP).

Also I've been very, pleasantly surprised with the battery life. Most other smart phones I've owned have falled on their @rse after 24hrs use but this is going stronger and longer…

..well worth a look (also comes with free sat nav software Orange maps on er… Orange tarifs)

tails
    Free Member

thats a very big camera is the lens okay/good. I just don't want a chunk of a phone though.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yup the lense looks very good considering it is after all, a phone!

I've not had a chance to test it properly outdoors yet but I reckon it really is as good as some proper digital cameras.

The flash is a proper xenon one too so it's much better at taking pics in the half-light / dark than most mobiles.

The only thing that irritates me about the phone is that it doesn't have a 3.5mm phono socket (you have to plug in a sony adapter thingy, included before you can use other headphones – a minor issue really)

mollski
    Free Member

take a look at my brand new 1

Spongebob
    Free Member

I had a Nokia 6300 and just wanted a simple phone with an MP3 that wasn't a brick! I was swayed my a demo of the Nokia 5800. I am so pleased I got a full blown smart phone and have tolerated the resulting "yorkie Bar" bulging in my pocket. The benefits comfortably outweigh the disadvantages.

The Nokia X6 is due out any day now – like a slimmed down, better looking 5800.

The 5800 battery life is awesome in comparison to a 6300 – a big flaw in this old handset. I've had dozens of Nokia phones, none were as bad as the 6300.

The BBC iPlayer and MP3 capabilities are more than gimmicks. I am always time shifting BBC TV. You can stream live BBC over wifi too. MP3 performance is impressive and with the X6, you will get what looks like a decent pair of headphones.

The GPS is very useful. It supports Viewranger and Garmin satnav sw, but Nokia Sports tracker is a free download – fantastic sw.

The web browsing experience is passable (only let down by the 3.2" screen being a tad on the small side).

There are added bonuses such as apps to make the camera flash work as a torch, standard build in FM radio, some internet radio stations are available over wifi, A2DP Bluetooth audio out (which does work) etc. There's email, MSN messenger, Facebook and MySpace quick links.

Nokia also works consumately, as a phone! 😆

The 5800 is an example of convergence which actually works! The X6 will be awesome with all these feature plus the 32Gb of internal memory (5800 has a max of 16Gb)

mieszko
    Free Member

Maybe Nokia 6700 would be worth a try.

5mp camera, nice metal casing, looks very nice and is small with a decent screen. My mate just got his as an upgrade and it packs all the features in a very small size phone (not sure but I think it has gps as well). Other friend has a 5800 and I can only say the thing is massive. Plus I'm not that keen on touchscreen phones. I just got a Nokia E71 from my brother and the phone is just great, sorts out everything I didn't like in my older E61i, full qwerty, big screen, wifi, gps in a nice and decent size phone.

If You liked the SE W810 and Nokia 6300 I presume You like phones that just work and are not overly complicated. I had a W810 as well and Nokia music player is a bit rubbish compared to Walkman SE phones. Maybe have a look at the newer Walkman range and see whether You like anything? 8GB SE W980 brand new can be had for around 100 notes it even have a built in fm transmitter so You can play music on Your car stereo without any cables.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Which mobile phone?’ is closed to new replies.