Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Which headsets have split crown races?
  • granny_ring

Tried sawing the XL2 race I removed from my old forks and it doesn’t look that good, think that might be more from the removal than the cutting 🙄

Would prefer to have a split crown race as I change stuff around, so I can either buy another XL2 race and try cutting again but wondered if any other makes of headset come with them as standard?

TIA

crofts2007
    Free Member

hope, latest one anyway.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hope.

Or just be careful when cutting the other one, use a fine junior hacksaw blade & file it nice and smooth after

igm

Crown race thread to the forum please.

wwaswas
    Rickos
    Free Member

Lots of FSA ones do, but I think they need to be pukka aftermarket ones. Hopes defo do.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

My Nukeproof one has.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I only buy headsets with a split crown race, like you I like to swap forks around. Mine are a Hope zero stack (I think all Hope Headsets are split CR, as said above) and a Merlin branded headset (as in Merlin Cycles the shop).

toys19
    Free Member

I buy the hope crown race from ukbikestore and use it with any headset – like my fsa dh pig pro, works fine n dandy.

wwaswas

you do need to make sure that the crown race angle matches the one on the bearing if you’re going to mix and match (even within the same manufacturer).

Crag
    Free Member

Junior hack saw works for me.

toys19
    Free Member

you do need to make sure that the crown race angle matches the one on the bearing if you’re going to mix and match (even within the same manufacturer).

You would think so but actually I found this to be not a problem at all..

spooky_b329

As Rickos said…I believe the Orbit XLII has a split race, but if its OEM (which some places sell) it comes with an unsplit race.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Yep, Orbit XLII has split race, removed my only recently to fit new forks.

Northwind

My FSA one did. Hope did, Ritchie and Cane Creek didn’t (and so got cut before fitting)

granny_ring

Cheers all I’ll try with the hacksaw first then have a hunt around if I cock it up again.

rp16v
    Free Member

my one23 has split race

billyboy
    Free Member

Got a cheapy integrated from the same firm who distribute Kinesis which has a split race.

loddrik
    Free Member

Ritchey WCS

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Tune BoBo

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Which headsets have split crown races?’ is closed to new replies.