Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Which Go-Pro & Bundle do I want?
  • franksinatra

I want to make some sick edits.

In reality though, I would like one for the following:

Videos of the dog running in front of my bike
    My kids going down the water canyon at center parcs
    A trip to Iceland next year with various fancypants trips on snowmobiles and stuff

What is best compromise for value v useability? Any must haves, or must avoids?

RobinL

I got a GoPro for a Xmas present …. It’s back in it’s box now … I managed to successfully use it once.

Lots of problems with it stopping of it’s own accord and not working again. Found a support thread where lots of people had similar issues. Standard response was a new specific SD Card …

I got fed up with p*ssing about with it on rides – therefore gave it up as a bad job.

Just my experience, so I wouldn’t recommend them.

jimdubleyou

If it must be a gopro, get a session. They are the cheapest, and smallest.

Consider some of the clones which are actually fine if you’re not planning on broadcasting your dog – there was a thread in the last couple of weeks.

bluebird
    Free Member

I have a Hero 4 Black. I’d like the Hero 5 Black just for the screen on the back so I can see what I’m filming. If that’s not a deal breaker the Hero Session 5 will save you a few quid.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Get a 4 silver, it has the best value combination.

It can be used for all sorts I have used it for Flyboarding, Snowboarding, mountain biking, larking about in the pool, swimming under waterfalls, walking around temples and so on.

It is very versatile and has a screen on the back.

The session has an internal battery, this is quite limiting unless it is the secondary camera.

Buy a decent branded memory card and you won’t have issues.

Accessories wise
    Chest mount
    Go-pole
    floating bobber handle thing
    Helmet side mount
    Helmet Ninja mount
    mini gorilla pod style tripod
    spare batteries and charger
    spare memory card, I changed mine out halfway through my recent trip to Bali just to make sure worst case I lost half not all the footage.

hope that helps.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Session 4, small, light, neat and waterproof without the need for a bulky plastic overcoat. one button functionality. £150.

aracer
    Free Member

Get a clone rather than a GoPro – far better value.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I wouldnt buy a gopro due to the software sucking arse & requiring a login for the simplest of tasks.
    Check the app store reviews of it.
    I would be looking at another manufacturer that didnt force me to do this.

hot_fiat

6 is out today. whoop-te-doo. Another way to incinerate £300 for very little return.

Get a session, they’re perfect, apart from the software, particularly the phone app, which does indeed suck arse, big style. (why do I need to log in? I’m in the middle of northumberland, there’s more chance of being able to communicate with mars than your servers, sod off!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Which Go-Pro & Bundle do I want?’ is closed to new replies.