Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Which Games Console?
  • plastic_scotsman
    Free Member

Talk to me about which Games Console I should be buying?

Shoot me ups and driving games will be the main theme.

jon1973
    Free Member

Buy the one that your mates have, that way you can play them on line.

I love my PS3, which has the bluray of course. I also use mine as a media server, and stream films over the wi-fi network, which is pretty good. I’m pretty sure you could do the same thing on a xBox as well.

If you like driving games, Gran Torismo 5 look promising (if they ever meet a release date). For shoot ’em ups I’m still playing COD Modern Warfare 2, and will probably give in and buy Black ops soon.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As above go for what your mates have. The big releases are multi platform these days with only a few exclusive titles developed in house by Sony and Microsoft and thier affiliates. There’s little between the PS3 and 360 in terms if graphics and sound. I would steer away from the Wii given the type of games you want to play. I’ve got a 360, going to get one of the new versions soon with built in wifi.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Buy the Wii if you are 7 years old.

X-Box if your a teenager.

PS3 if you’re a grown up.

Follow these simple rules and you won’t go far wrong.

starsh78
    Free Member

Buy the Wii if you are 7 years old.

X-Box if your a teenager.

PS3 if you’re a grown up.

Follow these simple rules and you won’t go far wrong.

Amen to that!

CHB

ps3

juiced
    Free Member

i’ve just got a ps2 and love it. Games are plentiful and cheap.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

PS3.

Our kids love Little Big Planet, Midnight Club, Need for Speed etc.

I love the driving games and Call of Duty etc.

With HDMI it’s AWESOME!!!

Drac

Yup see what mates have.

Wii is ok for mates around few beers and silly games.

360 and PS3 are on par but 360 is cheaper but you get a cracking blu-ray player built in with ps3. There’s bargains a plenty for both at moment sure Sainsburys us still doing Ps3 for £199.

I prefer my ps3 as its free to play online and just prefer it overall. There’s the odd game out and due that really show what it can do.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

PS3 here – love the Colin macrae stuff and BBC iplayer is a bonus. Only got a couple of blu-rays, but they are mightily impressive.

Cougar

The PS3 and 360 are as close technically as makes no odds. The Xbox has the better online experience, but it’s not free. The PS3 has the BD player of course. PS3 has iPlayer, 360 has Sky Player…

Bottom line is, either will serve you well. As others have said, get what your mates have so you can swap games and play together online.

grim168
    Free Member

The ps3 is a media centre. The xbox is a toy.

Cougar

I bet you have an iPhone too.

chvck
    Free Member

As previously stated, the one which most of your mates who play online have. Online gaming adds a lot of playtime to many games and having mates who play online too adds to this in a big way. Not the wii.

grim168
    Free Member

No iphone. A crappy n97 mini. Got good sat nav mind.

Cougar

It must be good if it finds satellites from under bridges.

grantway
    Free Member

Shoot me ups on a PS3 only here

grievoustim
    Free Member

FYI – if you subscribe to lovefilm – streaming of the lovefilm films via the PS3 is coming sometime this month

I subscribe to lovefilm, and have a PS3. I’m curious to see how high the picture quality will be on a big telly

grim168
    Free Member

You havin a bad day cougar ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Which Games Console?’ is closed to new replies.