Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which fork for Transition Double?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve got a number of forks at my disposal, but can’t decide what to use, some possibly too noodley and one probably too burly. I don’t want too build it up too heavy but it’s going to take some abuse.

Fox 32 Talas 150 QR15 – Adjustable travel would be really useful, but maybe a bit flexy

Rockshox Revelation Maxle 150mm – Would work well I feel but fixed travel

Rockshox Totem Solo Air – Can reduce travel to whatever, definitely not flexy and would look “well sick yo”, but 2lb heavier than the 32s and revs.

I’ve also got some Argyle lowers, should I pick up some Uturn pikes and create a frankenforker Pargyle?

I’m swaying towards trying the 32s out or building a Pargyle as I think the adjustable travel would be more useful on one of these than most bikes, what would you do?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

crikey if i had any of those forks and that frame i’d match them up. i wouldn’t say you’ve got bad choices there. you’re not exactly talking Sids and boxxers.
    I’d probably go with the revs. Is the adjustable travel important to you? what kind of abuse are we talking here?

I go with the pikes if poss failing that I would go with the totems and reduce the travel, a double isn’t particularly light ot begin with plus I am presuming your going to be using it for hooliganism and tomfoolery?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Will be using it for anything from dirt jumps and drops to trail duties, which is why I was thinking adjustability would be usefull, but maybe something set somewhere in the middle would be the way forward. Hmmmm….

well i would rate beef over weight then if you aren’t peddling it very far? Show us some pics when you get it built i want to see it!!!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah you’re probably right, not got the frame yet but pictures won’t be far behind getting it built up. 😀

stevede
    Free Member

I’d say sell a fork and get some u turn pikes which will be perfect for the double – talas isn’t ideal for proper abuse and IMO the damping isn’t as good as a float unless its a newer model, revs are fixed travel and the totems reduced would work but u turn would allow you to wind them fully down for dj duties, wouldn’t bother with a pargyle, the pike will be spot on as it is.

Duane…
    Free Member

Totems on a Double? Crazy. 150mm fork on a Double? Crazy.

Put the Fox 32s on it, leave em at 100mm ish, jobs a good un.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah really crazy dude, If I wanted to use one purely for DJ you would be right, but I don’t.

Duane…
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but Totems are FR/DH(ish) forks, not for a DJ/trail bike. Massively overkill.

jedi

my mate has recons at 100mm on his

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which fork for Transition Double?’ is closed to new replies.