Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Which fork??
  • widge34
    Free Member

Rockshox Revelation RCT3 150mm 2013 v X Fusion Slant 160mm?

The Rockshox is £50 cheaper and lighter, but has 10mm less travel and the Slant has 34mm stanchions as to RS 32mm

Rickos
    Free Member

I never found my 5 as well balanced with 160mm travel. 140 to 150mm was nicerer. Revs are plenty stiff enough I’d have thought.

tomhoward

What frame are they going on and what sort of riding?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    widge34
    Free Member

2012 orange 5. Singletrack, anything from Xc to aggro trail singletrack and occasional trail centres.

widge34
    Free Member

Anyone else have an opinion?

matther01
    Free Member

Yes…save for a couple more months and get pikes. 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Of those two i’d go for the Slants as i didn’t get on with my 150 Revs. However, if you want to save even more more money i’ll be selling my VGC 150mm Fox 32 Floats in a day or two. I much prefer them to the revs and for the type of riding you describe they’re spot on.

daveh
    Free Member

Owned both, no comparison. Revs are nice enough but the Slants are way stiffer, not much heavier and have much better damping. I’m still seeking a second independent judgement but the one review out there says Slants compare well to Pikes, which of course are touted as a vast improvement to Rev RCT3s. Mosley on here should also be able to comment, I sold him my warranty replacement Revs and he went on to buy Slants too.

daveh
    Free Member

Oh, and of course you know you can set Slants to any travel you like (down to 120mm iirc) whereas Revs are fixed (without replacement parts).

widge34
    Free Member

daveh – Member
    Owned both, no comparison. Revs are nice enough but the Slants are way stiffer, not much heavier and have much better damping. I’m still seeking a second independent judgement but the one review out there says Slants compare well to Pikes, which of course are touted as a vast improvement to Rev RCT3s. Mosley on here should also be able to comment, I sold him my warranty replacement Revs and he went on to buy Slants too.

Yeah I read a comparison review between pikes and slant, and they could find very little difference between the two performance wise. They decided the slant would be their choice.

My only gripe with the slant is that you have to have a 203mm brake rotor.

daveh
    Free Member

My only gripe with the slant is that you have to have a 203mm brake rotor.

That’s been fixed for 2014 I believe, direct fit calliper/rotor is now 183mm. And of course there’s the limited edition ‘gold ano’ version, kind of wish I’d waited… On the plus side I’m on the plus side, maybe 1.5x your average rider so the 203mm rotor comes in handy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Which fork??’ is closed to new replies.