Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Which expletive?
  • adsh
    Free Member

Do you use when subjected to dangerous driving?

A word of warning – if it’s a word that Jim Naughtie might use just consider where you are and who might be behind the wheel.

Yelling c**t to a drunk driver in the middle of nowhere probably wasn’t wise. At least I wasn’t actually punched.

wwaswas

which expletive would you star out in order to fall foul of the ‘no partial expletive starring out to avoid the swear filter’ rule on stw?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

A cold hard stare and maybe a slow head shake is my normal method. The one time I remember actually losing my temper it was a string of expletives.

sandwicheater

All my bad word come from Short Circuit, ya snow blower!

Edric64
    Free Member

C**T every time.It is the best word in the English language It got used many times yesterday on an Audax in Lincolnshire

unklehomered
    Free Member

Fother Mucker!

Or “**** in Cars! Two minutes later – **** in Cars” to the tune of Duran Duran.

Where the astericks would a reduction of Twiddle Cats.

BFITH
    Free Member

BFITH
    Free Member

OR IF I FEEL LIKE TAKING BOTH HANDS OFF THE WHEEL/BARS (OBVIOUSLY I DON’T RECOMMEND THIS):

maccruiskeen

^ “I flick the crumbs from last nights breaded scaloppini in your general direction” ^

In there an equivalent gesture for non-beard wearers? Miming wiping spilled soup off your tie?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

gallowayboy

Many years ago, a golf gti cut accross three lanes in front of me on Queensferry St in Edinburgh. I drew up next to him at the lights, turned and mimed dickhead at him. He went mental, followed me along Melville St, flashing lights, repeatedly overtaking me, stopping in front and suggesting a fight was required. I kept repassing him and driving on, sh***ing myself. This carried on up Manor Place, and onto Shandwick place until we wound up at the lights outside haymarket police station. He gave up then. Nowadays I just shake my head sagely and avoid eye contact, and definately keep the windows up. Maybe occasionally throw my hands up in despair. Life’s too short.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit

greyspoke
    Free Member

So this is a non-swearing forum. In the sense that I can’t turn of the swear filter. That’s a shame.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ll often raise one hand in a “WTF!?” gesture but rarely swear directly at crap drivers. Better to let them drive on ahead of you and get on with the rest of your day.

eddie11
    Free Member

I had a preemptive road rage retaliation last night.

Light turned to green and I set off out of the adavance box not even that quickly to go straight on and a guy in a knackered Astra coming from the other way floored it to turn right across me and the other traffic. it’s a big junction so it wasn’t even close and he didn’t even need to floor it to get across first. I’m just beginning to think ‘really what’s the need? what a wan….’ not even got as far as the superior head shake when I realise he’s got the windows down, carving the turn one handed, flicking me and anyone in general the Vs with the other hand and bellowing ‘**** arffff!!’ At the world. All he was short of was a fat boy slim I’m no.1 why try harder t shirt.

It was all very weird. Still don’t know what to make of it.

sc-xc

Yelling c**t to a drunk driver in the middle of nowhere probably wasn’t wise. At least I wasn’t actually punched.

I’d counter that if anyone is drunk enough for you to need to yell at them, it’s fair game. It’s not like they would be a threat.

Kahurangi

It was all very weird. Still don’t know what to make of it.

He must have met you before 😉

My favourite is PORCA TRIOA but normally all I manage is FUUUUUUUUUUU KENELL

garage-dweller

I just shake my head sagely and avoid eye contact,

Honestly even that’s dangerous. I got threatened with a beating for doing that and I wasn’t even on the bike I was walking through town and the Neanderthal in question had pulled out of a parking bay without looking and nearly hit me. All I’d shouted was “look out” and I got a tirade of four letter abuse and threats of a kicking, classy.

There’s some nasty buggers out there.

Northwind

Mostly I just go REALLY? But I’m scottish so I can deliver it in the same way normal folks would say **** ****ing ****** ******.

Andy-R

I find “??????!!” covers just about every situation.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Haha, i was just going to post that. I doubt it works on Greek priests, however 😛

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Which expletive?’ is closed to new replies.