Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which Bottom Bracket help?
  • livinbse
    Free Member

Hi,

Was hoping i could get a bit of help here, I am transferring components from a small canyon fam to a medium canyon frame, I have to change the bottom bracket as the small has raceface sl cranks with a 30mm spindle I know its a pressfit with 30mm cinch but in the buying options it has either 68/73mm, 83mm or 100m not sure what this measurement refers to. the bb shell width is 89.5mm.

can anyone help

thanks

Paul

vincienup
    Free Member

I see the confusion. I just looked up the RaceFace compatibility chart and it looks like the answer should be straightforward… until you try to buy the damn thing.

It looks like you’ve got BB92 there, and should be using BB part number BB419230B7. American sites like Arts’ Cyclery take you straight to the specified part without messing but the UK sites all want to offer you a choice of BSA BB shell sizes. I’m not completely convinced the UK sites are listing it correctly tbh.

Especially since the Germans list the part without the BSA options. I think I’d either ask CRC if they’re sure they’re listing it correctly, buy it from Germany or ask your LBS to get you one…

otsdr
    Free Member

Since regular* 30mm BBs don’t have the waterproofing tube between the cups, the width should be irrelevant.

* except for press-fit Hope and the likes that thread together.

greenstix7
    Free Member

Recommend calling or emailing Velotech Services for any bottom bracket/cranks dilemma.
    They will sort it out!

dovebiker

You’ll need a PF41 30mm BB e.g. Rotor 4130 or Hope equivalent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which Bottom Bracket help?’ is closed to new replies.