Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Wheres a good lynch mob when you need one? (Classifieds content)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Freeform5spot,

As you've not replied to my e-mail I'll do this in public.

I bought off you.
    Wheelset with XT hubs, dt 4.2 rims, XT cassette and conti explorer tires
    XT shifters (I believed the new 2way release type)

Now I'm happy to give you the benifit of the doubt that there was a misscomunication over the shifters, you did have two sets for sale, although it does beggar belief that you'd think I was haggling up the price on the cheeper pair by £10 not asking for a small discount on the expensive pair as I was already buying the other stuff off you so you'd be saveing postage.

Now it did eventualy arrive and I'm happy to admit I'm not the quickest at getting things posted, its just taken me a week to get a bike posted.

But the cassette was a cheep SRAM one, not the XT one promised.

And the shifters were not the ones I believed I was buying.

I contacted you about it and you said you'd send the XT cassette in the post to me. I suggested maybe refunding me the £10 difference between the price I paid and the price you advertised the shifters at as well.

Since then I've heard nothing from you. Despite the fact you obviously had access to a PC as you were still advertising on the classifides.

ton

did you know that he is bustafajones??
    one of the worst sellers in the history of stw.

wormhole

pulls up chair….let battle commence!

njee20
    Free Member

Kettle's on.

Biscuits? I've got Hobnobs or Chocolate digestives…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did, about a week into the wait for the wheels when someone posted a "have you bough form this add" thread, aparrently my bank, which is rarely over a few minutes to do a transfer online, took 4 days, which is odd as he told me a good week into the wait that it still hadn't arrived, then changed his mind and said theyd taken 4 days.

I'm realy happy with the wheels, would just like to get the nearly new XT cassette I was promised to go with them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

no chocolate hobnobs? 3 for £3 in ASDA at the moment, mines an earl gray, milk & one suggar.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Choccy hobnobs, njee?

Jamie
    Free Member

Im sure it must take more effort to be a bad seller. Rather than:

Take Money > Post Item > Cup Of Tea

its

Take Money > Lie > Pretend To Have Posted > Get Abuse > Lie > Maybe Post

njee20
    Free Member

Fine! I'll go and get some.

**returns from shop with choccy Hobnobs, and offers them around**

sheldona
    Free Member

Yes please how much for postage? Chocy hobnobs that is LOL

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Awwww. Not again. 🙁

I'll have a Hobnob though, cheers… 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oi I'm the victim here, I deserve dibs on the hobnobs!

njee20
    Free Member

Guys, they were on sale, I've got enough to go round.

Jenga
    Free Member

I'm going to post on here before the thread gets locked. Bustafajones. Oh dear. Not a lot of hope there I fear.

clubber
    Free Member

Whoo Hooo!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They're claming to have hobnobs but in fact they're stale rich tea 🙁

wwaswas

the only lynch mob in history armed only with chocolatey biscuits and warm beverages.

ton

i like arrowroot biccies………. 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is the sun past the yardarm yet? I could do with a beer……

soobalias
    Free Member

took you a week to post a bike.

you want karma with those cookies?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the only lynch mob in history armed only with chocolatey biscuits and warm beverages.

how very STW

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

took you a week to post a bike.

In my defense, I e-mailed the buyer with my new excuse every day,

-work problems
    -women problems
    -car problems
    -post office refusing to take it for security reasons after I'd carried the box the best part of a mile to get there.

And when I did get to a parcelfarce depot that would take it, it cost me twice as much as I'd budgeted for as he lives up in the highlands.

I dont think I did too badly.

lcj

PeterPoddy – Member
    Is the sun past the yardarm yet? I could do with a beer……

It's six o clock somewhere in the world Mr P. Cheers!

Thumbs up to thisisnotaspoon for highglighting the trouble he was having when I was contemplating buying from freeform5spot t'other day. Sorry you're still having grief but thanks for potentially saving me from some!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

I've had similar problems too.

Last year I bought some brakes off him and they took ages to turn up (apparently they were returned by the post office cos packaging was so poor) when they did they were still packaged really poorly (basically in a carrier with no padding or card between the pads!) and were pretty dirty too. (A real shame as they weren't cheap and were supposed to be a surprise birthday present for my hubby)

Anyway, a month or so ago I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and (after specifically asking that he package them well) I bought some bars off him.

Well they didn't turn up after a week, so I emailed to ask where they were and heard nothing. Eventually I emailed and said, if you don't reply I'm going to assume you're not getting my emails and will put a call out on STW. Funnily enough I got an immediate response. He said they'd been posted and would let me know the details asap.

Well two days later they arrived and mysteriously were only sent the day before (so after he emailed me). Anyway, I thought 'forget it, they're here now' – but then realised the bars were really cut down! Making them pretty much useless! (And not as described)

So anyway, I asked him for a refund and after a while he replied and said he'd do it – another week – then he said he had done it and it would take 3 days. Another 5 days and nothing so I email him again he apologies and finally the money is in. Only he's only refunded me what he's paid and not enough to cover sending the bars back.

I don't think I should have to pay postage when he mis-advertised them and has been such a pain to get the money out of! Anyway, I've emailed him and as yet had no response…

Grrr…

Sorry that's so long – but I like to be thorough!

jackthedog
    Free Member

armed only with chocolatey biscuits and warm beverages.

how very STW

Not even real ones, but imaginary ones.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

(apparently they were returned by the post office cos packaging was so poor)

Sounds familiar, no way of knowing how many times the 'box' the wheeels came in had been used, but on the plus side, a good shake and the wheels poped out the bottom!

rOcKeTdOg

any custard creams?

ton

personally, i think the bloke sounds like a complete c*ck, and deserves a good hiding.
    imho obviously………. 8)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Ban him, he sounds like a right ****

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hope I never **** you off ton!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

and deserves a good hiding.
    imho obviously……….

Ahh. The Ton speciality! 😉 :mrgreen:

Jamie
    Free Member

Well there is the answer then. Anyone who does dodgy deals on STW gets battered by Ton.

Prob solved.

Edit: Now i think about it there could be a spin-off TV show: Ton The Bounty Hunter.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

It's the principal that annoys me, I know I buy quite a bit off here – but it's on a budget so when I pay £25 for a bar and then can't use it, I can't buy another bar until I've got the £25 back. This meant that to go for a ride my husband had to faff around swapping bars between bikes, which is just a hassle you don't want for a quick blast around the woods on a ss! (Especially when you're disappointed that the new shiny bars your wife bought you are too narrow to be fit for purpose!)

I think he just assumed – it's only £25 so what's the fuss about!

ton

joking aside………….what gives these people the right to mess people around like they do.
    money has been payed upfront usually. people should not take liberties and try to have people over.
    it is plain and simple wrong.

binners

I don't like biscuits. Kettle chips anyone?

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Ton – if only everyone was a decent as you! I completely agree, it's rude and unnecessary and essentially someone thinking they're more important than everyone else.

binners

Lets have a rousing chorus, misappropriating football chants

Are you Hora?
    Are you Hora?
    Are you Hora in disguise?

😀

psychle
    Free Member

Now i think about it there could be a spin-off TV show: Ton The Bounty Hunter.

I need to see a pilot episode of this… anyone want to link up with Ton and do it with a helmet mounted HD pro? Actually, Ton could just film it all himself! 😆

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Why TF dont the STW forum bods ban these people is beyond me. Its not as if they have only done it once…. 😕

tang
    Free Member

while not really badly ripped off money wise still wouldnt buy again, poor description of condition, fit for the bin. i think it could be a case of serial bike splitter/bad attention to details/too many bits to send/dollar signs in the eyes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Wheres a good lynch mob when you need one? (Classifieds content)’ is closed to new replies.