Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Where to live in north Preston
  • Steveo

We are relocating to Preston. My GF will be working in the Fulwood area and I will be working just off the M55 and Garstang road junction.
    Does anyone know what Fulwood is like? Are there any other areas people would recommend?
    Many Thanks

izakimak
    Free Member

Have a look round Broughton which is just up the A6 from where you say you’ll be working. That M55/A6 junction is going to be a nightmare soon when they start the planned improvements, think the roadworks are going to last about a year. Could also look around Longridge and Grimsargh but they are a bit further out. If you want to get out into the sticks then Chipping is a nice little village with a very bike friendly cafe always full of the darkside on a sunday. Can’t tell you to much about the trails over there but the roads stuff is ace a lot of the local clubs ride round that area.

2hottie
    Free Member

Would second Broughton, look at Catforth, Woodplumpton, Cottam, Wychnor, Fulwood, Bartle. Fulwood is classed as a very large are some of which is questionable. Don’t live anywhere near ribbleton, or ingol deepdale, avenham and morenook an grange are dump. Stay northwest Preston and you should be ok. Some areas of Ashton are pretty nice.

Don’t believe the estate agents.

Lootenant
    Free Member

Fulwood’s ok in most areas. Depends what sort of place you’re looking for really – property on the A6 is generally older, bigger and more expensive. Close to the hospital has lots of parking problems from the hospital visitors. Sherwood is ok, up by the barracks has some nice older houses, Longsands is pretty new housing developments and right by junction 31a of the M6. Keep away from Brookfield, Ribbleton, Ingol

The M55 can be a bit of a sod to get to because of the A6 which gets knackered at peak times by the Broughton lights and M55/A6 roundabout.

If you don’t want to be in Preston itself but ok for where you’ll be working then there are places like Longridge, Grimsargh which are ok.

rivirider
    Free Member

Try south of preston, i live in lostock hall, right next to the m6, m65 and m61 i travel to blackpool on the m way every day to work and it only takes 15 mins to get from here to m55/ a6 junction.life is a little cheaper to, house wise you get a little more for your money and the c tax is a little less, and i can be off road on the bike with in 2 miles.nice riding to rivington etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Where to live in north Preston’ is closed to new replies.