Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Where to go riding May 11 (middle aged men)…………
  • vondally
    Free Member

My brother and his mates want to go for a weeks hols with one non rider, due to injury. Age range 44 to 64, all mtb for years and need abit of ‘different things’ looking at april or MAy, been going to prynees /luchon last 2 years options are:

Scotland 7 days travel by car/s. Where would peopel recommend? Any iternieres?

Finale Liguria, 7 days possibly non guide. Best area to stay?

Avigon and area, train to avigon and then out from there? Any ideas, some one suggested riding ventoux?

Any ideas, advice or thoughts welcome.

ton

scotland 7 days.
    i have 3 full weeks me and the mates have done.
    and never touched the same track twice.
    all with proper accomodation/pubs/food.

vondally
    Free Member

where did you go ton, seem to remember some pics with lots of rain?

piha
    Free Member

Why not add Iceland to your list, it is a destination I would quite fancy and I bet they could do with the money. Beer might be expensive but quite a bit of non-bikey things to do.

ton

the place we stayed were
    1st night fort william
    2nd night roybridge
    3rd night aviemore
    4th night pitlochry
    5th night killin
    6th night kingshouse hotel
    7th night glen nevis

**** it……….do they need a guide…….. 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

With a non rider its going to be difficult. What are they going to be doing when you are riding and then talking about the riding? Do they walk?

vondally
    Free Member

thanks ton that is a great list!
    Iceland i think two have ridden there in the late 80’s that would be 1980’s not 1880’s.
    Yes they walk, drive and will be happy to fit in with shuttling and general goforing duties………..they are a mtb rider usually

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

May is a great time for riding in Scotland. I would recommend a couple of days in each of 3 places sort of thing. Peebles, Avimore, fortwilliam or even go a bit further north.

mogrim

North Spain, hire a car and while you’re riding the other person can check out Bilbao, Santander, towns like Santillana del Mar…

Edit: if you take the ferry there’s no need to hire, of course!

vondally
    Free Member

i and brood went to green coast and picos a couple of summers age really good but they will not be keen, good suggestion though.

Provence anyone ?

nasher
    Free Member

If you are thinking of Finale Ligure then give us a shout at rivierabike we had a 65 year old ride with us for 2 weeks last year!!!

miner29er
    Free Member

Bloody hell nasher, a 65 year old. Did the old sod see 66?

vondally
    Free Member

thanks nasher will do, i have been intrested in visting finale so might drop you a line later in the year. My brother is 64 and still bloody quick downhill, years of riding Nortons and Truimphs he reckons

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Vondally, Sounds like you need to get down to us. Stunning singletrack rides with plenty of bus uplift during the day & fantastic après-bike on the coast at night. 64! a mere youngster.
    http://www.sierracycling.com since 1992..
    We have hundreds of verifiable glowing comments on our guest book. http://www.guestbookcentral.com/guestbook.cfm?guestbook=52342

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Where to go riding May 11 (middle aged men)…………’ is closed to new replies.