Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

There are always plenty of pics from England, Scotland and Wales so I thought I’d stick a few up from the Mournes in NI from my walk last weekend. It was a great day for the most part with only one small hail shower and the visibiity was pretty good.

I loved this pic the colour of the whin bushes was particularly vibrant..

A few more…

Irish_AL
    Free Member

many a happy (if wet) sunday riding round there, makes me think a trip home may be in order 😀

thepurist

Nice rocks. Is there a rhino in pic 2? 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yes the lesser spotted Co Down White Rhino!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is that the Brandy Pad?

I was told you’re not meant to ride there IIRC.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Nice, looks worth a trip, anywhere local you can stay thats bike friendly?

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Al, no its the Trassey track in some of the pics. Don’t know anything about not riding there TBH, I’ve never had any problems.

Sneaky yes plenty of local options for all types of accommodation. Let me know if you want more info

Waderider
    Free Member

I’ve been to top of every one. Mountain biked (read carried) up Hares Gap, along the Brandy Pad, down Bloody Bridge. Slept out many nights. Got my start road touring cycling from Bangor at the weekends for a wee bivvy. Then I moved to Scotland 😀

Happily though, and my main reason for posting, is this evening I’m on a flight to Belfast with my walking kit 😀 😀 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Good stuff Waverider, hope the weather holds up for you.

AdeC
    Free Member

There is a proper xc trail being built in Kilbroney Park in Rostrevor, Co.Down. Its not due to open until next year.

It should be great when its finished as there are already several excellent DH tracks in Kilbroney. I bumped into the CRC DH team there last year. Blimey they are quick.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Yeah will be good to see how rt pans out

stuarty
    Free Member

Waverider you were ment to bring the sun with you

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks really fine

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where the mountains of Mourne sweep down to the sea’ is closed to new replies.