Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • 'Where Is Jessica Hyde?'
  • fasthaggis

Anyone else looking forward to Utopia 2?
    Just finished re-watching series 1,most excellent.

Good timing with Fargo finishing this weekend.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I was just getting the “i can’t find a decent series” blues, after finishing Fargo and Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Awesome! 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Thought it tailed off towards the end, will happily watch it though.

fasthaggis

I didn’t feel it tailed off, more that they rushed it a bit while trying to fit in the twists and surprises.
    Dennis Kelly doesn’t pull any punches though, and I found some of the scenes hard to watch.
    I hope that the cast are as strong as in the last one.

scotroutes

Who is Jessica Hyde?

fasthaggis

There she is 😉

Alphabet

I enjoyed the first series. Can anyone tell me when and which channel series two will be on please?

fasthaggis

Channel 4 ..early July… some news here

binners

The first series was some of the best telly ever! The cinamatography was worth watching it for alone. Here’s hoping for the same colour-saturated genius!

Just getting to the end of the last series of Breaking Bad, so I might well watch the first series again. Once I’m done with all this football 😀

Speeder

I did get caught up in a few of them but this guy was just freaking me out too much to continue.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The cinamatography was

quite repetitive. All stills-style long shots or slow tracking shots. Lovely to look at with some striking shots (walking away from explosion that almost catches her, crop fields etc) but overdone. This may be due to me watching the entire series in one sitting on 4OD, though 🙂 .

Not sure there were that many twists though (wont discuss for risk of spoilers). Really enjoyed it though and hoping the sequel lives up to it.

i can’t find a decent series”

seen the original “The Bridge” scandinavian drama?

passtherizla
    Free Member

The first series could have been great, but it dude kinda tail off. Will still be watching it though.

Cougar

I’m in. Loved the first one, I really must re-watch it at some point.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m assuming/hoping it’ll be on C4 at 9pm, in the soon to be vacant Fargo slot.

chvck
    Free Member

+1 on this

skellnonch
    Free Member

Hell yeah some great tv

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Loved it and can’t wait for S2 – was quite graphically disturbing though and I’m sucha sensitive wee thing.

martinhutch

Disturbed me too much. Couldn’t finish series one!

binners

Thinking about it, some of it was very very wrong indeed

fasthaggis

It did get a lot of complaints about the violence, especially after the School scene as it was just after an incident in America.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Season 1 was the best thing I’ve seen on telly for a long while. Loved it. Recently re-watched it too. Cannot wait for season2.

martinhutch

Thinking about it, some of it was very very wrong indeed

I coped with that bit, just about. By the time we got into the school, that was it for me.

Just seemed to me that the level and setting of the violence was there to differentiate it from every other thriller/chase type drama and get it into the papers/conversation.

But I’m loving Fargo, where you also have a sociopathic emotionless killer and graphic violence. So what’s the difference?

binners

The school scene was genuinely shocking

DezB
    Free Member

It did get a lot of complaints about the violence, especially after the School scene as it was just after an incident in America.

Good.
    Who would watch something like that then complain about it. Idiots, that’s who. Go back to Eastenders, you morons.

IHN

The first series was good (if, IMO, a bit of style of substance), we’ll be watching the second no doubt.

It’s not a patch on Fargo though, that has been brilliant.

nemesis
    Free Member

I loved it too. Really hoping the second series can be as good if not better. It’s often tricky though when a first series relies on people not really knowing what’s going on. The risk is that they try and recreate that in later series by making up silly things – call it the Lost syndrome.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The school scene was genuinely shocking

which is a credit to the film makers, and IMHO down to the low key way it was shot and the lack of emotion from the shooter. We Need to Talk About Kevin had a similar scene which was far less distrurbing because it was more stylised and sensational.

It’s not a patch on Fargo though, that has been brilliant.

watched the first episode, thought it was quite good but had no interest in the characters developing or watching the rest. Fun that we dont all like the same things.

fasthaggis

Woo hoo 🙂

New trailer

nemesis
    Free Member

You can keep an eye on me

😆

(Assuming it’s the same trailer as was on TV last night)

fasthaggis

Yup, perfect timing ,during the Ad breaks in Fargo 🙂

nemesis
    Free Member

First episode of Fargo I’ve watched. Can’t say I was that bought into it but I guess that starting there maybe wasn’t the right way to go about it. Will have to try it from the start as people do seem to rate it.

Back to Utopia, the trailer has really reminded me how much I enjoyed the first series.

chewkw
    Free Member

fasthaggis – Member

People do complaints a lot for no good reasons don’t they. FFS! Go watch XXX-factor will they … 🙄

As for Fargo’s ending it’s a bit of anti-climax. Not funny at all. 😡

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Only a couple of days to go now 😀

chvck
    Free Member

Been watching through the last season as a recap in preparation. I remembered that it was dark, but not this dark. Brilliant.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Can’t wait!!
    It’s what colour tellies were invented for.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for the almost cartoonish levles of violence this could basically just be “Dispatches”

I enjoyed it immensely

Cougar

We’re halfway through rewatching (for me, first watching for her) the first season. A second viewing is very rewarding.

maccruiskeen

fasthaggis

Starts with a double-bill ,Monday and Tuesday night. 🙂

Excellent.

chvck
    Free Member

Somehow I was up until 2am this morning doing the old “just one more”, didn’t realise that the last one is an hour long!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘'Where Is Jessica Hyde?'’ is closed to new replies.