Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Where have you been cycling this weekend? (& pics?)
  • jekkyl

coz I’ve been to Swinley & Cannock!
    really enjoyed Swinley, never been before. After 30 minutes I found a parking spot then set about the trails. Very good, lots of flow, LOTS of berms, berm city in fact. Loved the downhill bits. My local centre is Cannock and in comparison Swinley is very peddaly as it’s so dam flat. I’d defo go back to Swinley but they do need to enlarge the car park.

Where have you lot been? been pretty good weather. any pics through them up!

cchris2lou

no pics .

Forest of Dean Friday

Afan saturday

Cwmcarn today .

Ambrose

Fettling yesterday- nothing changes eh? But today a sweet ride with the Willow-pooch around Cwmrhaeadr, followed by a late lunch in the Tywi Bridge Inn. Dog friendly, and we both love faggot, mash, peas and gravy 🙂

scotroutes

Did the Moray Way, including a brief overnighter on the coast between Lossiemouth and Hopeman. It was more of an “epic” than it should have been (more of which later).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RBThSM]P1030748[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

I spent Saturday working on a ‘Scotland’s natural larder’ course for teachers-think foraging, wild salmon and venison all round….

Today, a local pootle out to Braes of Doune, trying to stay out of the axle deep slop in the woods….

bruneep

not so sunny Aberdeen, sun did come out once home 😐

rOcKeTdOg

Borrowed a Trek Emondà and i didn’t want to stop riding it. 71 miles in the end 🙂

cuyahoga
    Free Member

Gisburn yesterday. On the Park Wood section there’s a downhill berm onto a little wooden bridge that I always wish I would commit to more – the youtubers probably make this look “sick” or something…

jonnyboi

Lovely pic @scotroutes

My weekend involved murdering myself on the bike as I’m training for the reiver. Next few weeks will have to be Z1&2 as I’m done

Watty

Mount Stromlo in Canberra, on holiday. My first mountainbiking for about 8 years and on a 29er too. Ace.

tomhoward

Cuyahoga, what’s open at gisburn at the moment?, seen the boarwalk is closed and I know they were working on the hope line, that still closed?

20 miles of canal towpath/ginnel/snicket riding in and around Leeds today, good fun!

cuyahoga
    Free Member

At the minute the first section, The Snake, is closed for another couple of weeks to fill in the bathtub-sized holes. The boardwalk at the top is closed, I think for a couple of months due to needing complete replacement. Pretty sure the Hope Line is back open, as there was a skills training course using it one time I passed the bottom.

I was there to grind out the miles for basic fitness around the blue loop, so the closures didn’t bother me…

santacruzsi
    Free Member

No riding due to man flu and shaking it off for a half marathon next weekend!

scotroutes – love that picture.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Dug out the roadie for the first time this year as we had a weekend of blue skies and temperatures just getting into double figures! 8)

duncancallum

Grizedale n it was shit.

Must do more proper stuff…. still I did some settling in on the new bike

nairnster
    Free Member

Quick ride st Learnie, North of Inverness this morning.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Swinley…. On my e bike… Loved it

mcnultycop

1st session on my calf tattoo on Friday means no cycling for a while, so just enjoying everyone posting pics of their rides on here.

Bregante

1st session on my calf tattoo

Nice

mcnultycop

That’s pretty close.

trailhound101

Yesterday I cycled the entire 157km of the Cheshire Ring. 12 hours in all and by far the biggest day out on my mountain bike. It was a mud fest.

takisawa2

The barbers.

hairyscary

Ballater on Friday in beautiful weather
    Ballater on Saturday in beautiful weather
    Pitfichie today in beautiful weather

I rode with a HRM for the first time and discovered that even if I beast myself uphill my heart rate is still a fair bit higher on the descents!

tillydog
    Free Member

Bit o’ gravel in Snowdonia

benjaminj
    Free Member

Just Riverbend so. Waiting for weather to change.

prawny

45 minutes worth of the chase to try the new bike out. Still not enough daylight for a proper morning weekend ride with my schedule.

milky1980
    Free Member

Spent all day Saturday knackering myself out by doing many laps of Cwm Rhaeadr 😀

8 laps in total!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ice road commute this morning across the lake to work

matt_outandabout

@howsyourdad – is that the back of Poundland in Slough?

jekkyl

that’s a difficult incline to navigate I’d expect.

dawson

@matt oab – behind Nationwide in Swindon surely? 😉

righog
    Free Member

Walking…..This weekend

trail_rat
    Free Member

Hill of fare -wetter than a wet thing all over and tarland trails- excellent for a couple hours of fun.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@matt outandabout nah was off Hanger Lane just behind asda

Nipper99
    Free Member

I did this route as a bit more training for Dirty Riever. The climb up and over Black Mountain from Brynamman in a very gusty headwind/rain was a real joy.

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/16-408/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lovely Tee shirt day in the Tweed valley on saturday, riding both sides of Inners, Mucho fun.

roverpig

I’ve got this cold that seems to be doing the rounds, but wanted to get a feel for the new forks on the fat bike. So, I took it up to the Moray Monster Trails and tried to take things very easy. Not really my sort of riding, but I did manage to set my slowest ever times on all the climbs. So, mission accomplished. Spent Sunday putting the lighter summer tyres back on 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

Where have you been cycling this weekend? (& pics?)

Lots of cheeky stuff 😉

Yak

Felt rough so nothing, zilch, diddly squat.
    But took my kids to round 1 of the southern xc at Wasing. Was caught off guard as although we’ve all raced there before, it’s always been dry, buff and superfast. But yesterday it was mud-clag-mageddon. Mud tyres all left at home – doh!

So result was 2 dnfs, 2 bent mech-hangers, 1 snapped rear mech and the van was stuck for a bit. Awesome.

nedrapier

Bivi ride out to a little pond. Nearly scuppered by a stick in a SS tensioner 2 miles from home. Tensioner was mangled, but gear was Magic! link out, absolutely perfect tension.

Nice being near to the water and listening to the waterfowl. Different noises to the little tweeters we get at home. Good to be back on the fattie, too.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Where have you been cycling this weekend? (& pics?)’ is closed to new replies.