Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • where do i stand
  • thegman67

my tv started going onto standby mode for no reason si the repair company had a look told me it was the power box £120 for a new box 1year guarantee two weeks later same problem phoned them up said it could be thr virgin box so tryed different ideas nothing worked they took it away for a week and said it worked fine had it back three weeks and the same problem arises can someone advise if i can ask for my money back

cranberry
    Free Member

You should at least get your money back from your school for that lesson on punctuation.

Sarcasm aside; if you want people to read your post and help you, then make it a bit easier for them:

Give the post a useful title.
    Use capital letters where they are needed – they don’t cost any more than lower case letters.
    Punctuate. A lot.

Personally, I am still trying to work out if “si” is you, repair box, or the name of the TV.

tthew

We had a telly a few years back that did the exact same thing, and also tested out OK when sent back to the repair shop. I came to the conclusion that the voltage in the house we lived in was a bit low, I seem to remember it measured about 230v. My idea was that any momentary dip below this was enough to trip it. That was an Aiwa TV if I recall correctly.

Do you have a Multimeter? You could check this, though in the end I don’t know what the answer is. We moved house and bought a new telly at about the same time.

njee20
    Free Member

We have a Sony Bravia one that did that, turned out it was trying to do automatic software updates and would reset itself regularly. Turned off auto updates somewhere in the settings and it’s been perfect.

glupton1976
    Free Member

cranberry – if youre going to pull people up on there speeling and grammer atleast do it right?

csb

Where has he done it wrong?

cranberry
    Free Member

repair box

< 😳 >

I probably ment “the repair man”

< / 😳 >

patriotpro
    Free Member

Maybe ‘si’ is the bloke from the repair firm 🙂

Gweilo
    Free Member

Or maybe SI means System Integrator…..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

can someone advise if i can ask for my money back

you can always ask for your money back

EDIT ah ha – try doing a google image search for si (or better – sports illustrated)

jon1973
    Free Member

I probably ment “the repair man”

Ment? What does that mean then? I’ve not come across that word before.

(Since we’re pulling people up on their English skills.)

z1ppy

“Meant” is the word obviously, but he does make several good points that could do with being made into either a sticky or part of the guidelines on “how to post” (pity about the spelling) 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where do i stand’ is closed to new replies.