Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where can i get my Fox evolution 32 float rl serviced?
  • gthurlow
    Free Member

I’m a new fox forks owner and am extremely pleased, I have the 100mm lockout fork and looking to get there first service after riding them good and hard for half a year and have a few questions:

How long after use should i normally service?

Will a service mearly prolong theyre life or will it enhance there function in any way?

Where should I service them? Local dealer? Where I bought them? Any capable bike mechanic?

How long is a good service and how much might it cost?

Thanks

nixie
    justatheory
    Free Member

TFTuned or Mojo.

bigyinn
    Free Member

DIY? Its not difficult.

rickon
    Free Member

LoCo Posts on here a lot, really nice chap, cheaper than pretty much all – and is a servicing and tuning genius.

http://www.locotuning.co.uk

He also drinks a lot of strong coffee.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

You know they are supposed to be serviced every 15 hours don’t you?

This is the inside of some Fox forks which had been left for around a year without a service (not mine, servicing them for a friend)

It’s not just the anodising that’s worn off, there are big scratches. The uppers are dead, the damper is dead as it was pumping muddy oil and there is even damage to the inside of the lowers.

rickon
    Free Member

Crap has got past the wiper seals – looks like wet washed dirt in, or faulty seals…. and stuck to the bushings, that really isn’t normal wear and tear for a year’s worth of use.

But still, agreed – you should drop your lowers after about 12 hours or so of riding, I do mine probably every 40 hours, maybe 20 in the winter.

Just a clean and oil change in the lowers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where can i get my Fox evolution 32 float rl serviced?’ is closed to new replies.