Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Where can i get a spot reflector to replace the flood one in my dx light?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Original 900 lumen version, too floody, want to make it more spot. Can i get a new reflector?

monkeyboyjc

i dont think that there currently is a specific replacement ‘spot’ lens – there is a replacement lens (like for like) and a wider angle lens avalible (both on ebay) – to get a tighter beam i’ve experimented with cutting a small black plastic cone which sheilds the light into a spot, ziptieing it around the bezil.

MrGreedy

This guy was mentioned when I asked about spare lenses previously:
    http://www.mtbl.robs-x.com/page15/page21/rapidcart/index.html

The “Euro spot” on that page isn’t a true spotlight, but is certainly less floody than the original reflector (check the beamshots). I bought the set, which was decent value, only took a few days from America, so I’d happily recommend.

BadlyWiredDog

You might find someone who bought the ‘1200 lumen’ version with the smooth reflector – quite spotty – and wants a floodier light, who’s prepared to swap reflectors – there was a thread on here a few weeks ago where someone had swapped out reflectors without any major issues I think.

Highland28
    Free Member

I may well be up for a swap, have bought the 1200 and know it is more of a spot but have a joystick for my head so might want something with more flood. If you give me a week or so to give it a good try and get back to you 🙂 wat ya think?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

will email you highland28, whats the 1200lumen one?

Highland28
    Free Member

Sorry, should have said, it is the latter of the two that I bought. Just let me know what you want to do.

Cheers

rob-jackson
    Free Member

has yours arrived? how does it compare to the old one beam wise?

Highland28
    Free Member

It should arrive on Tuesday at the latest I hope. And unfortunately I have never used the older version so won’t be able to compare.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Where can i get a spot reflector to replace the flood one in my dx light?’ is closed to new replies.