Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wheels
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

So anyone who has been following the threads may have noticed I am putting together my dream bike…

Just waiting on some test rides before making my mind up on a frame, but I am now looking at wheels. The DT EX1750's have massively caught my eye and although they are eye wateringly expensive I can't help but keep coming back and looking at them and CRC seems to have some decent offers on at the moment as well.

But I like to hear the opinions of people who already own kit so that I can try and make an informed decision!!!!

Sooo…. What are you favourite wheels and why (Hub, Spokes and Rims if known),are they easy to service at all? Finally anyone got a carbon wheelset for recreational not race use?

Daffy

CK hubs, DT Supercomp spokes (in silver regardless of hub colour) coupled to Stans rims.

Why?

CK rear hubs have rapid engagement and are piddly easy to service. In 8 years and 15 diferent wheelsets they have never needed new bearings.

CK 9mm front is ideal for me as it can be used QR or 15mm with just a 2 min axle change.

HOWEVER

If I were getting a black or silver hubbed CK wheelset, I'd just buy a Hope ProII front hub as the colour will still match and it's a third of the price.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Cheers Dafy. I have to admit I'm not to worried about colour matching things, as long as they aren't garish!!!! I'm more interested in ease of maintenance and smoothness when it comes to hubs.

From your last comment then I am guessing you believe the Hope II are every bit as good as the CK's?

Dom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Wheels’ is closed to new replies.