Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)
  • What's your best claim to fame?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I fell 120 feet out of the largest conifer in the Forest of Skene (Aberdeenshire) in front of 100 or so horrified, tripping people, got up and walked away.

For years afterwards people would stop me in the street and say, "You're the Iron Man that fell out of the tree and survived!".

Also, used to jam with Sebastian Rocheford of Polar Bear / Acoustic Ladyland fame and the drummer from The Bay City Rollers (not at the same time!).

Moses

Been on stage with John Hurt, (Alien, Elephant Man, etc etc etc) with Prince Charles in the audience, darlings.

mugsys_m8

A girl chatted me up in a night club, by using the line 'my flat mate is Jo Blyth' …I had no idea who she was at the time. So I had to err <investigate>

My cousin was the real life partner of Graham Fellows who plays John Shuttleworth, and apparentoy he modelled some characters on my uncle.

mossimus
    Free Member

A freind of mines father puched John McCririck

skidartist
    Free Member

A freind of mines father puched John McCririck

We'd all like to be friends with him!

tracknicko
    Free Member

my mum was in memphis belle (film not plane itself)

i presented an award to Eric Cantona in french when i was 12 and he told me my french was better than his english.

BigJohn

Beer with Norm and punching John McCirrick – they take some beating.

I was once described in our local paper as "a team of financial experts". (I'm not)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

In the middle with the glasses…

http://www.renascent.co.uk/pagessound/sound.html

lodious
    Free Member

I have pissed in Leslie Ash's front garden.

skidartist
    Free Member

One of the soldiers from the First Emperor of China's Terracotta Army lives nextdoor.

stugus
    Free Member

is that a euphemism lodious?

chuckle chuckle.

sonik
    Free Member

i was on 'cheggers plays pop', beat that!

grumm
    Free Member

Mine is probably DJing with **** emo-dnb act Pendulum ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendulum_(band) ) on a few occasions – we were the second headliners after them at a festival in Kendal a few years ago.

Oh and my second cousin twice removed is Brian McClair, though I have fallen out with that side of the family (this was published in Viz' lame to fame))

Oh and Gary Foxcroft is a good friend of mine – the guy who set up the child witch charity in Nigeria that there was a recent Dispatches programme about on C4.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

lodious, I'll see your garden claim and raise you…

I've peed in the Blue Peter garden.

wombat

I have a copy of The Beatles Hard Days Night album that used to belong to Nigel Havers (it has his name and address on a sticker on the front of the album cover).

I used to have his old table football table too.

wombat

lodious – Member
    I have pissed in Leslie Ash's front garden.

I never knew she was into that sort of thing 😉

Swello
    Free Member

In a surreal moment – I bought Justin Timberlake a pint (of guinness no less) in the King's Wark pub in Leith the night that the MTV Music awards were on. Don't think he liked it though.

Better than that though – I once had a pee next to Arthur Montford!! Enormous.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Better than that though – I once had a pee next to Arthur Montford!! Enormous.

You looked? 😯

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Danced in both Rolf Harris's and Lenny Henry's gardens.

Mintyjim

I went to a party in Paris with Jody Hawkes, Chesney Hawkes' brother, he was actually pretty sound.
    I've been on S4C three times and represented Wales in rowing (and won gold) even though I'm technically English.

oldfart

I'm the one your mother warned you about ! 😈

bigsi
    Free Member

At college i dated a girl who had been out with one of the brothers from Bros.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

got stuck in a lift with Jimmy White and dennis taylor about 15 years ago,

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Sticking with Blue Peter…I have made Janet Ellis a cup of tea.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Danced in both Rolf Harris's and Lenny Henry's gardens.

euphemistic too you rascal ?

AndyP
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

lodious, I'll see your garden claim and raise you…

I've peed in the Blue Peter garden.

[STW Daily Mail mode on]
    Hang him! Disgraceful behaviour! Let a bunch of Percy Thrower's descendants loose on him. Etc.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I was a scout as a lad and we HAD to volunteer to hand sponges out at the local running marathon event.

When Jimmy Saville approached we all bombarded him with sponges, lobbing loads at him, very funny scenes as we collapsed laughing. He did lot find it funny for some reason and called us a bunch of f*****ing little C**ts !!

Anyway we had to jump in our shagged out Scoutmobile van and move up the circuit 10 miles.

He did not recognise us as we passed up the sponge to him (that we all had pissed on) and proceeded to squeeze it over his head, he instantly turned round and then recognised the laughter, my claim to fame. 😀

nedrapier

Played club rugby with Jonny Wilkinson.

Friends with claims to fame:
    Direct decendant of Machiavelli (same name and all)
    First test tube baby
    Once shared a stage with Jimi Hendrix. (as an 8 month foetus – heavily pregnant mother was given a chair at the side of the stage)

MountainMutant
    Free Member

My most z filled celeb day was being asked to go on Comic reliefs Celebrity Street mate by Davina Mcall, surrounded by baby Spice, Brian Dowling of BB fame and Dale Winton!! Not sure who wanted the date 😮
    Whilst this was going on Jude Law walked up the street and all the camera's ran off!

Baby Spice had a lucky escape 😉

Skid-Mark
    Free Member

Dad was an architect. One summer he had a promising student work at the practice. At the end of the summer my Dad offered him a full time job once his studies finished such was his talent. The young upstart turned him down because he wanted to play music. My fathers prophetic words were, "don't be silly, you will be wasting your time". The architectural student went on to form one of the iconic bands, Pink Floyd. The student of course was Roger Walters.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

gene simmons from kiss bought me and a mate lunch, nice chap, weird but nice.
    Held liv tyler in my arms when she was a baby (backstage at some festival), I nearly made her pa drop her so he passed her over while he wiped off the mud from his cowboy boots.
    theres more from my days as a rock photographer but really thats enough.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I was on a Carter USM video, stagediving. The clip was played on Top of the Pops chart rundown and I got a telling off from my Mum!

Was also on a Bill Oddie TV program about Cheltenham, sat in the Imperial gardens with a mate (gripping program!). My mate was smoking, his parents were watching and he got a bollocking.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Been to Ron Wilkersons house (old school bmx reference)

Asked Nat Young where the bogs were at his local break, but didn't realise it was him (surf legend)

Missus has been on Blue Peter with some reptiles.

Appeared on advert for a Glastonbury documentary in the early 90's, every bl**dy hour for a fortnight.

hosepipe
    Free Member

i was on the big breakfast with chris evans.

i tried to snog vanessa mai the electro-violinist in new york.

keith floyd cooked a chicken satay stick for me.

lunge

I’ve beaten Olympic bronze medallist Mark Lewis-Francis in a 100m race.
    I’ve also had a beer with Lenny Henry as he used to spend a lot of time in a hotel I worked at, he was a nice guy but Dawn French was bloody horrible.
    I’ve played football in a team that included Geoff Astle and Peter Bonetti (I hasten to add I am not as old as that make me sound!)

I think that will do!

hosepipe
    Free Member

'lunge' i saw dawn french and lenny henry in padstow buying pasties….you're right, dawn (and lenny i must say) was utterly miserable. my missus gave her a smile, and she scowled at us, like we'd murdered a nun or something.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Colin farell and Craig david are related by my parents marrige – i am therefore the first one to really to be related to both! bo selecta! 8)

ollieT
    Free Member

I kart raced against Jenson Button years ago and yes he was faster than me. Still got the race program with my name next to a F1 world champ so its not so bad.

zaskar
    Free Member

I have my name on prenatal medicine research journals? not really fame as so do millions of others.

Fame? Just give me Money!

legend76
    Free Member

went to school with paul collinwood the england cricketer and i was interviewed on metro radio today(just woke up and didn't know what to say so just babbled lol)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘What's your best claim to fame?’ is closed to new replies.