Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What's the going rate for babysitting??
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning….
    Minimissvader is now old enough and sleeps well enough that we are happy for a friends daughter to do some babysitting so me and mrsvader can go out once a month for kiddy free fun! But what’s the going rate for paying her? Any idea?
    Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is she vat registered?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not entirely sure but my eldest is babysitting for the first time tomorrow and I think she will probably get about £5-6/hour

marcus7
    Free Member

Before TJ says it, she should join a union and get them to negotiate with you…. 😉 oh and around a tenner an hour is the going rate round here….

woody2000

How old is the babysitter? I’d start at about £5 an hour for say a 14 year old, then add £1 an hour per year. Free wi-fi, bottle of coke and snacks in fridge, job done.

sandwicheater

Babysitting club? We exchange baby sitting duties with some friends so each couple gets a night out every few weeks or so. Cost, free/an evening baby sitting.

speedybones
    Free Member

When you get a couple of kids and you’re not too fussed if one goes missing you can get local uni students involved for the cost of a couple of beers.

daftvader
    Free Member

Thanks chaps… I was thinking around the fiver mark, plus food and drinks…

thomthumb
    Free Member

Recently paid £150 for 2 professional babysitters for 4 hours. I make that almost £19/hr.

seemed steep, particularly as i don’t even have kids!!

speedybones
    Free Member

I think I saw the video Tomthumb

jon1973
    Free Member

Recently paid £150 for 2 professional babysitters for 4 hours

😆

footflaps

Recently paid £150 for 2 professional babysitters for 4 hours. I make that almost £19/hr.

Seems cheap!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t forget to factor in location related danger money.

😉

daftvader
    Free Member

That’s ok CFH… It’s not The Village!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What's the going rate for babysitting??’ is closed to new replies.