Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Whats my wifes bike worth please ? Giant Talon.
  • renton
    Free Member

My wife has decided she wants to sell her bike as its just been sat in the shed since we bought it.

It’s probably done less than 50 miles from new.

It’s a 2010 Giant Talon W3 in medium.

The only difference from standard is that i’ve put the bars from my trance on it.

What do you think it’s worth.

Cheers.

Steve.

cynic-al
    Free Member

1/4 its original price.

renton
    Free Member

£106 ????

Got to be worth more than that Shirley.

It’s practically mint.

superstu
    Free Member

Rrp on these was £425 if Google is correct. Paul’s cycles probably had them reduced as they do with most giant models 12 months later.

£150? Think you’d really struggle to get more unfortunately. Could always pop it on eBay and see!

eshershore
    Free Member

@renton

its worth what someone is willing to pay

probably £150-175

cynic-al
    Free Member

5 years old, out of date wheel size.

I might be wrong of course – you have looked on eBay etc?

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’d say about £130-£150, Renton.

Its ok, but nothing special- and has a crappy fork.

renton
    Free Member

I had a cursory look on eBay but couldn’t see owt similar.

It’s not worth selling if it is only worth near the above values.

TiRed

I’d say more, but much depend on size not age. 33% for that age, maybe. Teen2 has a Talon 1W from 2013 in XS which he has outgrown (and then some!). This cost £999, came with decent (recon gold) air forks, a smattering of XT and is both light and SMALL. I’ve not sold it yet, but would expect 50% of original price.

Small-framed, good quality lightweight ladies mtbs are still pretty rare. Yours looks like none of the above, I’m afraid.

renton
    Free Member

Doh she was hoping it was going to free up enough cash for a new fence out the front. :mrgreen:

renton
    Free Member

It’s not heavy to be honest and the fork has a lockout.

Ideal ladies starter bike.

rj2dj
    Free Member

I’d say £130-150 too unfortunately. Put it on auction on ebay though and you may get someone caught up in the whole process and willing to pay more. On the plus side, there are relatively few women specific bikes for sale so you can often get bikes going for inflated values. I’ll give you £100 if you’re struggling!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

That’s the problem with 26″ wheeled bikes now and a few years old.Get sweet FA for them.Crap isn’t it.
    I have a mint Remedy 8 2012 great bike £2500 new lucky to get £800 for it so just keep it.In the past you could fair price for S/H bikes then buy something else.Not anymore.

bigblackshed

Nowt to do with the wheel size. Everyone up there is thinking too much like a high end mountain biker.

£150 if the stars align. Put a price on it and keep dropping it until it sells or ebay, 99p, no reserve.

codybrennan
    Free Member

As others have said, this whole “26 is dead so your bike is only worth 5p” only applies to folk like some on STW.

Mostly, general bike buyers really don’t care. Really.

Regardless, and no offence Renton, sub £150 is what this bike will fetch.

kerley
    Free Member

Agree – it will get around £150 I would imagine. And nothing to do with wheel size as the average buyer of an MTB at this level doesn’t even know there are different wheel sizes.

It is solely because it is 5 years old and at some point probably could have bought brand new for £200+ in a 2012 sale somewhere.

unovolo
    Free Member

Next to f00k on all here as all the Magpies are obsessed with having the latest shiny thing 😉

On the wonderful work of ebay though you may do alright as there will be more people just interested in having a nice bike with the Cache of a decent brand name and are hoping to pick up a bargain, they wont be bothered that its not 650b,29er, fatties etc or whether its got a dropper post or 1x 10/11.

I’d take my chances on there.

matt_outandabout

We sold those exact bikes ex-centre use from fleets, after 3mths to a years use and used to get £100-125 for them on a good day with a fair wind…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That’s the problem with 26″ wheeled bikes now and a few years old.Get sweet FA for them.Crap isn’t it.
    I have a mint Remedy 8 2012 great bike £2500 new lucky to get £800 for it

In 2006 I bought a mint £2500 top of the range 2004 Kona Dawg for £900, so I’d say it’s more down to your expectations of a slightly less than favoured bike brand.

renton
    Free Member

It sold for £220 if anyone is interested.

STATO
    Free Member

My GF has one of those, we only paid £275 new! What was that other thread where everyone was saying women see value in a bike looking nice vs its material quality…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You should get her to sell your bikes Renton!

ElShalimo

…. and cars

stevemorg2

I’ve a friend looking for something like this if you can post it – email me and we can maybe sort something out

renton
    Free Member

Its sold mate!

stevemorg2

Sorry – just saw the post – never mind I’ll keep looking!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

It sold for £220 if anyone is interested.

Ebay? A lot more than I’d of thought. I was with the lot about who thought £150 ish. Well done.

renton
    Free Member

Sold local for cash.

tomhoward

I do like Rentons regular ‘why isn’t it selling/sell or split/is it the right size/what’s it worth? threads.

Saves having to look in the classifieds.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Whats my wifes bike worth please ? Giant Talon.’ is closed to new replies.