Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • What's making you happy? Here's some pics of my garden :-)
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

This bought a massive smile to my face (I’m sure it’s already been done, but I don’t care 😆 ):

[video]https://youtu.be/wToZJ_bfUYM[/video]

hexhamstu
    Free Member

bought our house just before christmas and now it’s paying off. Love having a garden (even though its a bit shabby, its come along way though!)

Got our first courgettes last week, tasted awesome! Had loads of lettuce already, as have the slugs!

The weeds in the border are supposed to be wild flowers for the bees, just seems to be a load of weeds so far.
    Made a BBq out of an old washing machine drum:

and a couch out of pallets

Dog approves

jimdubleyou

Lots of things making me sad at the moment, but we’ll get through it.

In no particular order these are lightening my mood:
    1) New DLC for Battlefront on PS4.
    2) Getting muddy (yay) and grazed (less yay) on the North Downs on Saturday.
    3) Courgette flowers have finally had something fertilise them so will actually get some courgettes 🙂
    4) I appear to have won the battle with the urban crack foxes that like to play with their food in the yard.

Coyote
    Free Member

The weeds in the border are supposed to be wild flowers for the bees, just seems to be a load of weeds so far.

Ha! My “wild flower meadow” themed border is just a weed patch. Will strim and try again for next year.

maxray
    Free Member

Getting the rubber roof coating on my new man cave! 🙂 Had to give in and let the kids up to have a look..

So much room to fill this with tat Ha! 🙂

bails

We’ve got babies in the garden

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Van Solo

Important to measure things first…

Getting there…

bearnecessities

Big smiles at some of the posts, just what I wanted 🙂

Hexhamstu, your progress is great, but maxray wins manliness pic of the day!

plop_pants
    Free Member

All this talk of gardening has caught the interest of my resident robin.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

for comparison!

zippykona

CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY.

badgerbater
    Free Member

@maccruiskeen – don’t want to be a kill-joy, but please make sure you get someone who knows how to use a gas monitor to check out that “hole” first, before you venture down! Don’t want you to become a statistic! Look up “confined spaces” on the HSE website, if you’re not already aware of these things. Just knowing that you’re safe would make me happy!!

zippykona

joshvegas
    Free Member

Or higher a personal gas protection meter…

spooky_b329

Got to second the confined spaces concerns! Do you know a utilities type person that can bring you a genny and air blower to ventilate the space and loan you a 4 head gas detection unit? You should also ensure your top man DOES NOT go in to assist if you are in trouble, they are there to get help, not add to the casualties!

Leading cause of fatalities is lack of oxygen, decomposition of organic material or rusting metal can cause this and you won’t have a clue until you pass out.

Once that is covered, I’d be eager to get in there!

bearnecessities

Few more updates/additions on a lovely da

I really should start to concentrate more time on the inside!

spawnofyorkshire

My mate completing the Challenge Roth ironman yesterday. So happy and proud of him

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What's making you happy? Here's some pics of my garden :-)’ is closed to new replies.