Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • whats it worth…. (warning gratituous pictures of titanium hardtail)
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

Due to financial issues, and an increased interest in road biking, i am thinking of selling my hardtail, either the frame only or the whole bike.

I normally dont struggle with pricing things, but the frame is a bit of an unusual one, and i cant find anything similar on the bay or 2nd hand anywhere???

its a 2005 airborne lancaster titanium frame, which was refinished and has now got the Van Nicholas Zion decals (although slightly tweaked, cut out the nasty coloured bits of the decals)as Van Nic didnt have any of the original airborne decals left. The 2005 airborne is identical to the 2006/7/8/9 Van Nic Zion, bar the addition (on the van nic) of a plate under the down tube, fitted to allow the addition of 2 crud catcher screws, which i think is slightly uglier tbh.

I have the original receipt, so Van Nic should honour the lifetime warranty, and an almost complete spare set of the decals too.

Its immaculate, when it was refinished it came up as new, and since then it has done maybe a 100 miles of very light xc. So no dents, scrapes or marks, bar tiny scufs that'll buff out with a good clean.

what are your estimates of the frames value (minus the headset and bb)?

and the full bike? crossrides, rebas, x9 gearing, evolve xc cranks/bb, thompson stem, bonty bars, hope mono minis, van nic ti seat post, phenom sl saddle

what do you reckon, better to sell on classifieds or ebay at the moment?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

A few years ago I had a pimped-out immaculate Litespeed Obed (Marz X-Fly, full XTR, King, raceface, Pauls levers, Ti post, Ti stem etc etc) which I eventually sold for £1000 which is much less than I thought it should fetch (and less than it seemed a nice full susser of equivalent new value would fetch).

What size is it? I love Ti hardtails and if I could ride H/T (got a duff spine) I'd be seriously interested.

timdrayton
    Free Member

hi munge-chick

its a small, so seat tube is 16" centre to top of seat clamp, top tube is 22" actual (ie not horizontal)

emails laura.pell1@ntlworld.com

i am 5,5" and found it pretty compliant, need the money tho, so am hoping to sell it and get an older steel frame and some cash left over…

feel free to email me, i am in northampton btw

nickc

As it's an odd size probably about £300-350 as a frame only. Maybe £800-850 for a complete bike.

GJP
    Free Member

Just realised I have spent the last 5 mins scrolling up and down looking at those pictures trying to convince myself that it is way too small for me.

Tim that's a very nice looking bike I would be very reluctant to sell the frame just to buy another s/h steel frame. Can't see how going down that route you would guarantee to free up much cash especially if you then found you needed a different post and stem and possibly front mech?

timdrayton
    Free Member

hi gary

hows tricks?

i know, bit of an odd one, its always felt a little long for me (as i think you predicted when i bought it!).

I spend more time polishing and looking at it, than riding it!

i am small and have short arms, and its just never felt that chuckable, very light and really compliant and it felt expensive, which was great, definitely has that ti feel.

but i am starting to get more into road, and i find myself shying away from drops and the fun stuff on the rare ocassion i do an xc ride, in case i scratch the bloody thing.

i am toying with a small rock lobster frame, sticking the kit from this on it (or even some bigger forks) to end up with something i am not worried about.

Then maybe investing in a bit more pricier road bike frame at a later date.

neilb67
    Free Member

I sold my 16" Black widow frame last year for just over £400 so I guess you can use that as a guide. But as with anything its only worth that if someone wants it.

ourmaninthenorth

OMG it's my size.

I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike. I do not need a new bike.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I asked the same question about a Moots hardtail a few weeks ago. About £1000 seemed to be the general consensus

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I'm interested. My email is in my profile.

Anthony
    Free Member

But then Moots and Airborne aren't really in the same league!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘whats it worth…. (warning gratituous pictures of titanium hardtail)’ is closed to new replies.