Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • What's impressed you on TV lately?
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Can’t remember the last time I sat in front of the TV shouting “Oh COME ON! Just LISTEN!! What are you WAITING FOR!!!?”.

Peter Kay’s Car Share. The ordinary, transformed. Genius.

wolly
    Free Member

Wayward Pines is rather good!

thehustler
    Free Member

Daredevil on netflix

BoardinBob

Veep – fantastically funny

House of Cards – just gets better

Better Call Saul – I thought it would be good but it’s far exceeded my expectations

colournoise

+1 Daredevil.
    Episodes is consistently good.

Bimbler
    Free Member

+ whatevs for Daredevil. Great TV.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Peaky Blinders, House of Cards, Daredevil, Rake, Suits and a few others

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is daredevils ok to watch with kids aged 10 and 9?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Affair is quite good…Sky Atlantic I think.

Orange Is The New Black…quite funny.

Trying Wayward Pines…not convinced by Matt Dillon, but after episode 3 😯 , well, gotta find out what happens next.

Bregante

Is daredevils ok to watch with kids aged 10 and 9?

I wouldn’t let mine (10 & 8 ) watch it. I’ve only watched two episodes so far but it’s pretty dark and violent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Daredevil is a bit darker than the other Marvel stuff

slowoldman

I wasn’t going to bother with Car Share but Mrs Oldman insisted. It was very good. Unfolded slowly. Love the little bits of “dream” film too.

binners

Car Share has been great!

Better Call Saul turned out to be a totally different animal than i expected. Absolutely brilliant!

The Returned has been really good too.

Netflix is looking increasingly good at producing high quality telly

Oh… Inside Number Nine was absolutely fantastic too. As twisted as you’d expect from those two

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Loved Car Share–the very end of ep 5 with the exchange of dirty looks and the post-it notes was just brilliant 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Netflix is looking increasingly good at producing high quality telly

Indeed…if you haven’t already watched Bloodlines, give it a go. Turned out very well.

binners

I’ll put that next on ze list Bravissimo. Given what it allows you access too, a Netflix subscription really is an absolute bargain! We get our money’s worth out of it just with the stuff the kids watch. They don’t watch that much telly, but they don’t even bother with anything else.

eltonerino
    Free Member

Daredevil has someone putting their own had through a spike, probably not the best for the kids. I thought it was a bit rubbish. Not terrible, just not very good.

Enfield haunting was better than expected, some great bits but some ITV drama bits too.

Still looking for a new series to watch (maybe twin peaks again)

chakaping
    Free Member

Brooklyn Nine-Nine makes me laugh like I’m 13 years old again.

I think Terry Crews might be my new man crush, or Andy Samberg.

nuke

Yep another enjoying Car Share

…but best series recently was Inside Number 9

woody21
    Free Member

Marvellous

jmatlock
    Free Member

The Enfield Haunting
    Jinx – The Bob Durst Documentary
    The Affair

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers all for feedback

Putting it on now 😉

burglarboycie
    Free Member

Peaky Blinders!! In my opinion the best TV series of all time.

benji
    Free Member

The factory tours, milk, bread and chocolate, very interesting.

The detectives was very interesting as well, a different look at police work.

slowoldman

Ah yes how quickly we forget. Inside No. 9.

jimw
    Free Member

Wolf Hall is the best TV I have seen this year. By a long way.

Quite enjoying The Game at the moment

liked the three films on BBC4 about glass, metal and wood -the ones without any commentary

also enjoyed some of Ballot Monkeys- the third episode was excellent

I should say I don’t have any access to satellite TV- not paying Murdoch a penny if I can avoid it so miss out on quite a few of the above programmes

onlysteel
    Free Member

Another vote for Car Share. Dogging episode had me falling of the sofa with laughter.
    Bit late to it, but also enjoying George Gently. Never caught it previously. Loving the old 60’s cars: how cool is that Ford Corsair!

binners

Jim – none of the programmes mentioned have owt to do with Murdoch. Let’s be honest, the words ‘Quality Drama’ and ‘Sky’ are unlikely to be mentioned in the same sentence.

A Netflix subscription is about £7 a month, I think, and for the quality and quantity of stuff it gives you access to is outstanding value for money!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yip, totally agree, car share has seen PK finally get it together again, really good stuff.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let’s be honest, the words ‘Quality Drama’ and ‘Sky’ are unlikely to be mentioned in the same sentence.

If it wasn’t for Sky Atlantic which does get plenty of good stuff, and, cough, splutter, Fox HD…I do flagellate myself every time I watch one of them. 😀

johnny63

1864 shaping up well on BBC4 – episodes 3 & 4 tonight

and another for Car Share – comedy genius!

eltonerino
    Free Member

Agreed, the only two channels I watch that aren’t on freesat.

bikebouy
    Free Member

the three films on BBC4 about glass, metal and wood -the ones without any commentary

These, these were Genius.

Thats about it.

Don’t get/understand “car share” at all. I guess you have to be Nor… 😆

cinnamon_girl

Nowt. 😐

MrOvershoot

Not sure you have to be “Northern” bikebouy.

I’m a Midlander married to a South Westerner living in Cheshire and it had both of us laughing out loud in its subtle references.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Daredevil is defintely not for kids. 15 certainly. 18 cerftificate likely for several violent scences. Pretty good adult viewing though.

BBC Sharks is awesome (although I am a marine biologist).

CHB

Liking “The Game” on BBC at the moment. Not just the acting, but am shocked that I like 1960’s style.

jimw
    Free Member

CHB, It’s set in the 70’s.
    Having lived through that time it does evoke the period very well. I remember playing Monopoly in the kitchen in the light of a Tilley lamp when the power went off most evenings, or at least that’s what it felt like.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The Game is lovely to look at (sets, cars, costumes, buildings, props etc) but it’s no Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. The last episode where they had playing cards as representatives of who might be the leak rather took the piss i thought (remembering a very similar scene but with Control’s chess pieces as the ‘suspects’ in the film).

I was thinking 1864 when i opened this thread, it really is great. Lord knows how historically accurate it is, but the first historical drama i have ever really got into. 2 episodes behind everyone else though so no spoilers please!
    I really liked both series of inside no 9. New series had some great episodes and some average ones though.

martinhutch

Impractical Jokers. Probably been around for years, but I’ve just found it. Cracks me up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What's impressed you on TV lately?’ is closed to new replies.