Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Whats good in shaving creams??
  • renton
    Free Member

currently using either blue beards revenge or sandlewood.

want to try something new that smells ok ??

any good recommendations ?

cheers

steve

sharkbait
    Free Member

Arko…. summery smell (some may disagree) and a fantastic lather. Send me £3.50 and I’ll send you a stick (I bought a box full!)

Soap not cream though.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I was planning on asking this question as my Arko stick is now more of a coin.

I like Arko, in that it does the job, but I wouldn’t mind paying more for something that smelled nicer and was maybe a bit fancier – I’m a 2-3 times a week shaver so it lasts forever!

soma_rich
    Free Member

Lush do a nice one branded Dirty.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If I fancy a change from Arko I go coconut with this

stumpy01

Body Shop does one in a big tub that lasts for ages. Not used any others so not sure how it compares, but it works for me.

neninja
    Free Member

Molton Brown Olibanum is excellent. Geo F Trumper Rose shaving cream is also lovely.

I prefer to use shaving oils these days though.

renton
    Free Member

ive got the taylors of bond street sandlewood and its quite a nice smell and lathers up well.

anyone used any of the other taylors smells??

freddyg
    Free Member

Bluebeard is very good. Geo Trumper Lime cream is nice (in fact, lots of the Geo Trumper stuff is good – I had a load of samples from them). I use Arko while travelling (<£3.00 on e-bay) and have just been bought some Spanish Fig and Nutmeg which is lovely.

Clobber
    Free Member

Proraso, look on ebay. Much cheaper than bluebeard and better IMHO

Kieran

I’ve been very pleasently surprised by a bowl of Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad soap that was given to me as a present. Much better than the Bluebeards Revenge that I used to use. Lathers well and a nice, almost spicey, scent to it.

I’ve noticed they do it as a cream as well.

clubber
    Free Member

No cream – just shaving oil. I’ve not had shaving rash since ditching the foam/cream/gel. KoS for me but there are plenty available.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Geo Trumpers ‘GFT’ is a subtle manly smell, my favourite though is Taylors Eton College which is apparently a ‘fresh, invigorating fragrance combining citrus oils with rich woody undertones’, smells gurt lush.

anjs
    Free Member

I like the Anthony Logistics one

adi66
    Free Member

I use Noxzema its awesome, and really peps up ya chops after a shave.

here it is

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Ah, the great shaving foam conspiracy. To begin with: what clubber said, now: just hot water.

chewkw
    Free Member

Go to Poundland and get the (classic) Super-Max Ultimate 3 triple action shaving tube.

Short review here

You lather it up like normal shaving soap (this is not shaving cream).

Only £1 per tube and surprisingly pleasant.

🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Whats good in shaving creams??’ is closed to new replies.