Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What would you do?
  • ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I keep getting inner knee pain when riding over a certain distance. And unfortunately I’ve got the ride 100 this weekend.

Been to the hospital and X-ray done with nothing there.

What would you do?

lunge

Play with saddle height?
    Shift cleats?

You’ve not given yourself much time but those could help.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Electric bike?

binners

Only one thing for it I’m afraid old chap…

ton

flat pedals. cured all my knee problems.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get looked at, check saddle height, straightness, cleat alignment, look at those angled insoles?

4 days…good luck.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

It started a couple of weeks ago, interestingly when I put new cleats on, at the time didn’t think about it and put it down to a dodgy knee so rested it thinking it was the right thing to do. Shifted the cleats went out and still no good.

Guess it’s gonna be a ride it and man up ride! Did it n the rain last year so sure I can do it in pain

rickon
    Free Member

I’d not ride 100 miles, if it’s painful then you’re doing something wrong. Don’t give yourself a chronic injury just to do a race, get fixed, and enjoy riding your bicycle for longer.

wwaswas

It started a couple of weeks ago, interestingly when I put new cleats on

I suspect even if you’ve sorted the cleat position out that any resulting damage is going to take a while to sort itself out.

Can’t believe you managed to get an x-ray as a non-emergency if it’s only been two weeks! I ended up with an MRI on a dodgy knee but it took a few months to happen.

saxabar
    Free Member

Yep, forget “Man up”. Get sorted, and then have a weekend away and go ride 120miles where there are actually some hills 🙂

I’ve been off the bike for a few days with a knee injury. Really frustrating!

jimslade
    Free Member

I’ve had/got similar problems, inner knee, sounds like medial collateral ligament. I took my spds off and went back to DMRs, seems to be getting better.

DickBarton

Sounds like your cleat position is wrong.

legend
    Free Member

If going down the medical route (if you think it’s an injury) dont go to the hospital, physio is your friend here

zippykona

Egg beaters?

onandon
    Free Member

http://www.i-team.cc/team/index.php/page/index.html/_/fun-informative/info-tips/a-cyclists-guide-to-knee-pain-r18

Read the info in the link and play with the bike fit. Possibly the saddle is too far forward.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If your ‘certain distance’ is 101 miles you’ll be fine.

If not I’ll do it for you 😀

thabo
    Free Member

Get a full bikefit done. Or at least get maximum float spds like time or frogs and/or try these- worked great for my kneepain.

http://www.kneesaver.net/

DickBarton

How did you set the cleats up? If it has happened since changing them, then it is most likely to be a cleat position that isn’t right…so go back and get that set up properly.

Put shoes on and sit on a table with legs dangling…where do your toes point? You need to mimic that when clipped in, so adjust the cleats until they are right…knee pain will be vastly reduced (probably to nothing).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What would you do?’ is closed to new replies.