• This topic has 109 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • What would happen if the regular posters on STW forum met in the pub?
  • kimbers

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

surely it would be more

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I get invited I’d hope someone would be up for some fun in the gents, or in a bush, or in the back garden.

Harry_the_Spider

Come to a HTN post race drink-a-thon and find out.

Not seen any fighting but there has been some appalling dancing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll be in the beer garden with a cigar, if anyone would care to join me.

donsimon
    Free Member

but there has been some appalling dancing.

I can do that. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

If I get invited I’d hope someone would be up for some fun in the gents, or in a bush, or in the back garden.

Play your cards right and it will be some back garden bush fun in the gents.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

James… do you mind if I call you that… I’ve heard about your tremendous guns.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting that some admit to shyness but then slag others for being keyborad warriors.

(Nasty little thing laughing at everyone but with a big fat bloke as back-up)

You, or the Star Wars muppet?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’ll be in the beer garden with a cigar, if anyone would care to join me.

I’ll join you for a ciggie, but you can guarantee there’ll be some bloody sanctimonious middle-class parents with their spoilt brats moaning about the smoke even though you’re outside and they drive a planet-raping Chelsea Tractor, eh Flashy? 😐 🙄

We could just blow smoke in their precious childrens’ faces…

Jamie
    Free Member

James… do you mind if I call you that… I’ve heard about your tremendous guns.

You can call me whatever you like, sugar-tits.

BermBandit
    Free Member

I met up with Tankslapper and Zokes after a post on here. It would be difficult to find three more different people, but we got on really well and still do. Something to do with common interests I guess….. No not MTB, beer and boobs basically.

ton

if it were the northern chapter meeting, it would be very nice and civilised, just like the tea parties we have after the stw rides.
    only the tea and cakes would be replaced by ale and pork scratchings.

TooTall
    Free Member

For example if I infuriated someone I could tell straight away from their face and diffuse it before they chucked me out of the window.

You’d have to move quicker than the speed of light to diffuse that many people quick enough to avoid that!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Thing is, I’ve had some proper heated ‘debates’ with folk on here, but most of ’em I’d happily sit and have a pint and a chinwag with. Just cos you don’t agree on something don’t necessarily make you enemies. I try to see everyone on here as a potential friend, so try to have at least some respect for others.

ton

i agree. no one on here has got my goat enough that i would not sit and have a bevy with them.

even teej, barnes and fredbra…….. 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

even teej, barnes and fredbra……..

😆

Actually, TJ and Barnes are two that I’d particularly love to meet. As well as you of course Ton. 😉

There’s some proper characters on here. I met Mamadirt at Mayhem, and she is utterly lovely. Comes across as a right nutter (in a nice way) on here, and is just a genuinely nice, caring person. Then there’s someone like Bullheart, who is a truly inspirational bloke, someone who I have gained enormous respect and admiration for.

I read some of the banter between some of the Manchester/Northern massive, and it’s clear their a bunch of good mates who have a right good time with one another.

Ain’t that what STW is all about though?

yunki
    Free Member

group hug

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There’re far more people in the real world that I don’t want to go for a beer with than I what I do, so I’m not going to pretend this place is any different.

Having said that, I love you all.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member
    considering the posts on the ‘how old are you?’ thread i’d expect you all to be dressed up in cardigans and sensible shoes with a pint of half finished niche/posh ‘real ale’ about to tip onto your lap as you’ve all bored each other to sleep/in need of a nap after a gruelling 5mile bimble.

Yep.

Solo
    Free Member

What would happen if the regular posters on STW forum met in the pub?

The location of hell would be offically declared and the door man would have a large pair of head mounted horns.

Edukator
    Free Member

Me go into a pub? Unlikely.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in the blue corner….

Spoiling for a fight.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If it’s gonna be like that I might turn up.

edit: Not like that, like the one above that with the rather cheery group of ramblers.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Here come the ladies.

Bunnyhop

30 chaps to every women I guess. All talking about gear ratios and what tyre for the weekend.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

And out in the beer garden.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Flash and Fred after their “special” cigars…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALP3G0kAoMY[/video]

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

. . . . meanwhile down in the cellar . . . .

Tiger6791

The Southern Yeti – Member

Isn’t that what actually happened on the WRT?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s Fred on the right, BTW.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I reckon R’s descripton is the most accurate so far.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

(And at Woppit’s vid- brilliant Fast Show sketch!)

binners

RealMan
    Free Member

considering the posts on the ‘how old are you?’ thread i’d expect you all to be dressed up in cardigans and sensible shoes with a pint of half finished niche/posh ‘real ale’ about to tip onto your lap as you’ve all bored each other to sleep/in need of a nap after a gruelling 5mile bimble.

😆

I’ve been in pubs and breweries with STWers, wasn’t too bad an experience. Where’s that video of some STWers sumo wrestling?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nobody wants to see that, RealMan. 🙁

Nobody. It’s too upsetting.

RealMan
    Free Member

It’s still burned onto my retinas from the first time, how bad can a second viewing be?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘What would happen if the regular posters on STW forum met in the pub?’ is closed to new replies.