Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what windproof/ showerproof jacket
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So For several years i was using a Montane featherlite velo as a windproof and showerproof top for the winter months. However its now discontinued and I need a replacement. I’m after something similarly breathable (It was a pertex microlight) but without the bigger price tag of most jackets- I’m not spending close to £100 on a jacket that is going to get abused alot. so what are peoples suggestions?

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve just got one of the endura pakajak’s from wiggle seem to do the job and half price at the minute. £17.50, although you have to spend £20 to get free delivery

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/endura-pakajak-showerproof-jacket-2016/

orangeorange
    Free Member

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/mon612/montane-featherlite-pull~on-top-~-aw16/

Been looking myself and they have them in stock here-

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Yeah £60 for a jacket that is going to get abused during the winter months is a little steep in my book.

Markshires how breathable is the Pakajak? I bought two jackets from Dare2b as a test and both felt terrible- really plasticy

benp1

Howies one?

I found the previous version good (Dyfi)

markshires
    Free Member

It’s ok, has a couple of big vents under the arms to let some air out. I doubt it would be as breathable as some of the others mentioned at the higher costs though. I guess it is more of the ‘plasticy’ type material than a ‘softshell’ material.

I haven’t really used it for prolonged periods though maybe about half an hour tops, it only comes out in an emergency. For me it’s mainly my bare arms that get sweaty inside it from directly touching the material I guess. It’s fine for the job I wanted it to do, and it folds up really small (not much bigger than a fist) to carry around easily.

BadlyWiredDog

Alpkit does a really decent, no-nonsense windproof jacket for 35 quid or so. Been using one and it’s pretty good. Arro – ooops, currently sold out.

Arc’teryx Incendo is brilliant, but expensive. Got mine half price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what windproof/ showerproof jacket’ is closed to new replies.