Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What Waterproof Jacket?
  • 06awjudd
    Free Member

I’ve been struggling with my old Canterbury mac in a sac thing for a while – it is thin, has no insulation or ventilation, and I’m 90% sure isn’t fully waterproof.

So – what to replace it with? Ideally something light and easily packable in my small rucksack.
    And something which I can wear in Winter without the need to pile on 5 jumpers underneath.
    Oh, also a pocket or two wouldn’t be a bad thing!
    I’ll also be needing it for non bike duties, so no fluro stuff pls.
    Oh – and the cheaper the better – nothing more than £60.

Thanks for any help!

06awjudd
    Free Member

BUMP!

tang
    Free Member

For that price look at endura(gridlock?) or you might find some montane on sale. I think the very lightweight montane waterproof might be about 60. If I were you I would try and save another 30 quid and get the Pace 3×3 event jacket.
    Bontrager do a nice event jacket but more expensive. This looks cheap and comes in black
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/.Bontrager-Sport-Commuter-Rainshell_122906.htm

06awjudd
    Free Member

Thanks a lot – I’ll have a look 🙂

myheadsashed
    Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

sorry to hijack, but i’m interested in this, i think i’m looking for the ultimate lightweight, highly breathable jacket, multi-sport…what is there?

06awjudd
    Free Member

That alutra looks perfect, but definitely too expensive :(.
    In the end I went with a DHB Signal jacket, it looked pretty much perfect, just lacked the warm lining.

@Whathaveisaidnow
    : check this out – http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/clothing/jackets?searchTerm=&searchType=productSearch&productBrand=&sortBy=rating&dateFromYear=2011&_brc=0&productPriceFrom=0&productPriceTo=100&submit=Search

I found it really useful anyway :). DHB do some other really nice jackets too.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

For multi-sport jackets look at Paramo’s stuff. I’ve got a wind/showerproof over-the-head thing that’s not waterproof but keeps me warm enough on the bike and hill in most 3 season conditions. Rare I need to get full waterproof kit on.

EDIT

It’s a Fuera smock. £55 RRP. It’s got a chest pocket and a wired hood and the fabric is designed to work well with Nikwax products to improve water-repellence.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What Waterproof Jacket?’ is closed to new replies.