Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What tyres for 'part time' 4×4 car…
  • valleyman
    Free Member

Got MOT for the HOnda HRV coming up, it’s going to fail on tyres or may scrape a advisory, eitherway it will need new rubber.

As most of you car buffs will know HRV has part time hydraulic 4×4 that only kicks in when needed.

The tyre size is a bit weird apparenlty 205/60R16?

I dont want full blown mad monster truck tyres but I want to get a tidy brand, ive done th ebudget tyres on numeorus cars before and they dont last aslong as branded IMO.

d
    Vredestein Quatrac 3

jambalaya
    Free Member

How often will you take the car offload ?
    Do you want all season tyres with a bias for cold weather (ice and snow) ?

EDIT:

Have a look at this thread

I have found Conti’s on our Audi Quattro to be excellent, all on road but plenty of grip in snow and ice (we love on a steep hill which a private road so not swept)

willej

I’ve had Quatrac 3s on my Focus for a year and they’ve been excellent so far. Just as good as full-on winter tyres and can’t really tell they’re not summer tyres in the summer.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Have a set of Avon Ice Touring tyres on a Octavia 4×4 and last winter during the worst of the snow was able to climb an 18% hill that a discovery three was struggling to get up. In your size on Oponeo they are doing them for £71 a corner delivered.

valleyman
    Free Member

cheers all, sorry for double post

jp-t853

I have all season Hankook Optimo 4s on my car and we have winter tyres all year round on my wife’s car. I do 30k pa she does 6k pa.

When push comes to shove winters are a little better but any sensible person drives with a bit of care in wintry weather.

I would whole heartedly recommend four season tyres, the Hankooks are great in snow, brilliant in the wet and very comfy AND hardwearing in summer.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Pirelli P6 4 Seasons – had them on the Outlander and they were really rather good in anything upto lightish snow (inch or so).

I hate Bridgestones in general.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What tyres for 'part time' 4×4 car…’ is closed to new replies.