• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by GHill.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What trail multi tool?
  • clubby

Allen keys on my Topeak Alien getting a bit worn, so time to retire it. What’s everyone using these days? Looked at the Alien 2 & 3 but can’t remember the last time I need the wrenches on mine. Have loads of Avid torx keys, so only must haves are Allen keys and chain tool.

nickjb
    Free Member

Tried a few. Best of the bunch I’ve used is the crank bros stuff. Quite a big range so you should be able to find the right set of bits.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus 2

superleggero
    Free Member

+1 for the Topeak Hexus 2.

Everything you want and nothing you don’t.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have one of these – wouldn’t be without.

http://www.parktool.com/product/premium-rescue-tool-mtb-3-2

km79
    Free Member

+2 for the Topeak Hexus 2.

I don’t know why they even bother making anything else.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus rusts quickly and the tyre levers are pish. Would not recommend.

papercutout
    Free Member

I’ve got the Topeak 18+. Received it as a Christmas present last year, it’s been so good this last year, we bought one for my uncle for this Christmas. (apart from the tyre lever, that snapped trying to get a tight tubeless tyre on – the bottle opener/spoke key did the same job though)

Northwind

The hexus’s levers are pish but that’s OK because who uses multitool levers? Most don’t even have them. Consider them an emergency bonus.

takisawa2

Topeak Hexus all the way.
    My old Hexus, (still in use), rusted a little but the new one has nice shiny chromed tools. 🙂 It’s not rusted yet.
    The tyre levers are debatable, but I carry a couple of plastic ones anyway

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Crank Bros.

transporter13
    Free Member

Topeak mini 20 pro thingy… Has everything I need

dingleberry
    Free Member

The little Topeak ratchets are great.

JoeG
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ryyAenmzHM[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.merlincycles.com/topeak-ratchet-rocket-multi-tool-44740.html
    Got the basic version of this, really good for lots of stuff, bits pop in the end of the rachet for a longer reach.
    Also have had this for years

Great tools

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is anyone using Fix-It Sticks?

big_scot_nanny

Can I just put a wee N=1 negative against crank bros multi tools? The Allen keys etc are all fine, but the one time I had to use the chain tool, it stripped its own thread (no idea how this is possible, as it is already screwed in) and jammed leaving me a very long walk home and expressing my displeasure in the most base of manners.

FWIW, I now carry a small top peak Allen/hex tool, a separate small shimano chain tool 🙂

GHill

Topeak ratchet here. It’s great for assembling flat pack furniture too.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What trail multi tool?’ is closed to new replies.