Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What trackpump around £25
  • granny_ring

I’ve got an old Blackburn pump which has been great and the gauge has been pretty much spot on with accuracy which helps when I haven’t got the Topeak gauge to hand. Trouble is the head fitting has lost its grip on presta valves even at 35psi.

I’ve emailed Zero re the lifetime warranty and they’ve said with the original receipt return it to the shop etc etc. Of course the receipt has long since gone. Pretty sure Madison would have sent out a new part no questions asked…..Anyhow fair enough I guess
    I’ve been given an old Topeak Joe blow and while it’s easy to use the gauge accuracy is way off.

So I’ve seen some Blackburn on offer at Merlin as well as some Beto pumps.
    Any other recommended?
    Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

you can buy the Topeak valve heads which may fit onto your existing pump hose.

granny_ring

Actually was going to look if I could swap the heads over in the morning but guessing the hose diameter/connections might be different. 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Topeak joe blow sport 2, only problem it’s sized for road tyres so isn’t great for seating tubeless tyres.

Guage always seems accurate, although it goes upto 100+psi so isnt great for measuring accuracy.

granny_ring

Any others people are using with accurate gauge?

ajantom

Cheap Blackburn one that I have had lasted ages, has a relatively accurate gauge (+/- 2-3 psi according to my digital gauge), and the head always locks on well.

On the other hand my other track pump is a Park one – terribly immaculate gauge, feels flimsy, and the automatic schraeder/presta selector on the head only works half the time.

Aidy
    Free Member

I’m happy enough with one of these for £15 – http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essential-track-pump/

TiRed

Just fit a Topeak SmartHead to your existing pump. I swapped my SKS rennkompressor head withoput any issues. The fitting is pretty forgiving of hose diameters.

natrix
    Free Member

Slightly above budget (£30) but halfrauds often have offers and more importantly it has a wooden handle, is the Boardman track pump http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-pumps/boardman-track-pump

It looks lovely 8)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What trackpump around £25’ is closed to new replies.