Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What to replace rubber queens with?
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Well today my conti BC 2.4 rubber queens have had their last ride, they have totally deformed to the point where they won’t go through my frame and are causing terrible wobble when at any speed. I had been putting up with it as they are 6 months old and don’t seem to have worn much at all.

I keep looking at the hans dampf and thinking I ought to give them a go, most of my riding is gravity orientated but I do ride uphill all be it slowly and other suggestions or experiences with the dampfs?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No talking of queen replacement this weekend…..

bigmountainscotland
    Free Member
    easygirl

Sent mine back with the same fault and they replaced them
    It’s a known fault apparently

boxxer7
    Free Member

That’s the hope that they will replace them but i may well just sell them on if conti do.

Northwind

Hans Dampf seems to be the new Rubber Queen in terms of internet tyre talk 😉 Question is, are you happy with the Queens?

I always end up recommending a deknobbled 2.35 stick-e Nevegal as a similiar, better tyre but they’re noticably slower, and it’s a wee bit of a faff to do the cutting. Not quite as big, but still large, and lighter. If you want faster, Nobby Nic 2.4 maybe? Not overwhelmed by them myself but they do a similiar job.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Anything, riding round with RUBBER QUEEN written on your tyres is just wrong. 😯

Stevelol
    Free Member

Go for the Hans, I’ve got them on my ht and rq’s on my fs, slightly slower rolling (get a pacestar for the rear) but they shed mud faster than rq’s and seem to dig in a bi more.

boxxer7
    Free Member

To be fair I liked the grip from the rubber queens and also how fast they roll. A couple of mates have a schwable tyres both in the trail star compound and they rate them but neither are running the dampfs. I think I will give them a go.

Is it really worth going pace star out back?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What to replace rubber queens with?’ is closed to new replies.