Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • what spring (coil pikes)
  • roughneck
    Free Member

I’m 13 1/2 stone and ride a chameleon, Which spring do I need. I ride all over but I do tend to hit things hard.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The standard medium spring might well be OK. I’d give it a try before you go any heavier, and certainly you won’t need any more than a firm.

lcj

12.5 stones here, just changed from medium to firm as the medium blew through travel a bit too easily, and dived up a bit much on braking

roughneck
    Free Member

I’ve got the stock med. So you think yours dive.

takisawa2

16st here. Rode the stock spring for a good while then fitted an X-Firm. Absolute truth…I’d have saved myself the £35 because there’s not much difference.

Slowing down the compression damping a bit helps. Planning on running thicker oil next time I change it also.

That said though they are the best forks I’ve ever ridden on. Rockshox really are at the top of their game at the moment, especially with the Pikes & Rev’s.

IWH
    Free Member

Change the oil to something slightly heavier weight. I ran the Xfirm spring and it was still diving through travel so now I’ve got 7.5wt instead of the stock 5wt in the R/H top chamber and it’s working great.

julianwilson
    Free Member

13 stone with medium spring on one bike (a little too divey with no compression) and x-firm on my bombproof 38lb hardtail with the compression at minimum, which is just right for really hammering it. I’ve never quite bottomed out the x-firm but that’s just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what spring (coil pikes)’ is closed to new replies.