Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What smartphone for a luddite
  • bland

I have a work phone that i use as my own too but want to swap the old Nokia 6300 that i have had for years for something modern that can do internet type things on, hold maps, take pictures, maybe strava as everyone seems to be doing that and maybe some other of them apps that im yet to discover.

It would ideally be cheap or secondhand as it will get scratched and im not someone who keeps them in A1 condition.

So what should i get? Someone suggested an iPhone 3 as they are cheap, pretty tough and abdul down the market can fix them for cheap if you break the screen for example. Or do i get one of the handsets that Asda sell for around £100 which look ok through the glass box but maybe cheapo versions that are rubbish?

Any suggestions?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If your going used something you can change the battery in and upgrade the memory.

Take a look at things like the older galaxy S2 or some of the HTC phones.plenty on a deal somewhere.

mtbfix

I too am a phone Luddite. I recently won a Nokia Lumia and so stepped up from my 10year old Samsung dumbphone. Lovely as it is, it is nothing like as intuitive as my wife’s iPhone to use. I’ve never experienced an Android phone so cannot judge but would, from my limited experience, recommend an Apple phone over windows.

singlecrack
    Free Member

If its for a Luddite …iPhone for sure

honourablegeorge

iPhone is incredibly intuitive – my 3 year old was able to use it almost straight away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What smartphone for a luddite’ is closed to new replies.