Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What size Spec pitch pro?
  • lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Hi.
    I'm 6ft and undecided which size pitch pro to buy.Looking at the geo the med is quite long,but i want to run a 50mm stem,so maybe the large is the one?
    I know its down to personal preferences.Any pitch owners out there?

Cheers

drifting_james
    Free Member

5'8" and running a medium quite happily

SBrock
    Free Member

go for medium mate, I had a medium and I'm 5'11 and would not want it any bigger! Good bike though for the money, my first FS – got a Heckler now though!

robgarrioch

6' with 34" inside leg; find the Large just fine (last years model with standard stem)

soobalias
    Free Member

large.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm 5'8"m and have a medium

The bike is a long one, yes, but the cockpit area seems very short to me. Certainly a lot shorter than my 16in Inbred. It's the only bike I've ever had that I don't feel the need to fit an inline seatpost as it feels short enough as it is. I guess this is due to the slack head angle kicking the wheel foreward and the bars back in relation to other bikes I've ridden.

I'd say go for a large at your height because of this, but TRY ONE FIRST!!!!

Also, I tried messing with the stem length too, and it pretty much ruined the handling. I tried a 40mm and a 50mm stem: No good at all, either of them. I went back to the OE stem which suits the bike perfectly, and fitted some slightly wider bars (710mm IIRC, so about an extra inch on each end basically)
    That worked very well. Apart from that and a decent saddle, all the contact points on mine work and fit me perfectly, so no need to waste any more money on them! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I test rode a large enduro, suposed to be the same geometry and it was a gate!

Get a test ride (and report back becaue I'm the same size!)

st

I'm a nadge over 6' and went for a medium, i put a layback post on to stretch it out a bit as I like to run a short stem and currently have a 50mm fitted, tends to get used more for hooning around and I would fit a 70mm stem if it went out for longer rides more frequently.

I'd say it is a bit too small but feels nice to me and the large did seem to enter gate-like proportions.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'd say it is a bit too small but feels nice to me and the large did seem to enter gate-like proportions.

So, you're riding a bike that doesn't fit properly just because it looks better? That makes sense then! 😀

taka
    Free Member

i had a large fit me fine for the short amount of time i had it 😉
    forgot im 6ft 🙂
    tom

sv

I am 6ft tall 32inch inside and ride a medium Pitch Pro with a 50mm stem. Feels ok to me.

SBrock
    Free Member

I am 6ft tall 32inch inside and ride a medium Pitch Pro with a 50mm stem. Feels ok to me.

yes im 5'11 with relatively short inside leg so the Medium was better for me……. 34 inside leg mmm probably go for large!

however you can make a short bike longer but you can't make a long bike shorter!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

however you can make a short bike longer but you can't make a long bike shorter!

Go on then, explain yourself……..

st

PeterPoddy, far from it. I wanted a bike that will cope with the mincer level of downhill stuff I ride and still be capable of trudging around on longer rides. The medium Pitch give oodles of standover, a sufficiently long top tube and feels very manouverable. The large would have been too stretched and left the seat too high when mucking about.

It's neither a downhill or cross country bike but is suits what I want.

Some sugar cubes for your high horse?

;o)

SBrock
    Free Member

Go on then, explain yourself……..

by using a longer stem and layback post to increase the effective top tube length

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I'm 5'11" with 32" leg and ended up with a large, it is a long bike but the saddle to bars seems short and I found on the medium my knees a bit close to the bars on tight turns, oddly the saddle to bars on the large Pitch is the same as my medium Heckler but the wheelbase of the Pitch about 4" longer, still a great handling bike though … but of course, test one first!

adstick
    Free Member

Try both… but I'm guessing you need a large.

Fitting a longer stem or a layback seatpost to a medium is a recipe for messing up the handling.

bol

Try both, but fwiw I'm 6ft4 and ride a large pitch. It's spot on for the sort of messing about I want to do on it. My hardtail and old Stumpy are both xl, but used for other stuff. If I was your hightower doing the sort of play riding I do on a pitch, I'd go for a medium. If you want to do more xc all day stuff, go large.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

by using a longer stem and layback post to increase the effective top tube length

I was hoping you would say that…!
    So, conversely, on a long bike, you could use an inline post, move the saddle forewards, and fit a shorter stem, yes?

Meaning this statement:

Is incorrect…!

😀

nosedive
    Free Member

I'm 6', 34" inside leg. i tried both sizes endlessly but finally decided on a large. It is a big bike and I couldn't get the front wheel up well until I went down to a 40mm stem but it fits well now I have done that.

Definitely try before you buy though

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What size Spec pitch pro?’ is closed to new replies.