Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What size Cove Stiffee
  • JimBowen
    Free Member

Thinkin of buying a Cove Stiffee frame

I'm 5ft 8, what size would be best for me 15.5" or 17.5"

MussEd
    Free Member

Think a 17.5' would probably suit you mate. Great frames!

Pitto
    Free Member

Depending on what you're wanting to use it for. I'm 5ft9 and have a 15.5' stiffee… 😉

Its a bit more sure footed on the steep techy stuff although I'm only comparing it to a 17.5' frame of another brand. Its comfortable enough for longer rides as I have a 400mm seat post in it.

JimBowen
    Free Member

thinkin of goin for 15.5"

what sort of price should i pay for a second hand one with all the usual wear?? (Mrs Bowen is due Jim Bowen jnr in two weeks so i can't afford a new one)

yoshimi

I'm 5'8" and used to have a 17.5" – felt ok to me

timbercombe
    Free Member

I'm 6ft and have had a 15.5" and 17.5", I'd say if you're going to treat it as it should be treated (read thrashed/crashed/jumped/DHed and razzed) go for the 15.5", if you're going to use it as a xc/trail bike, go 17.5". I have the 17.5" as my only bike now and this works as I need to rise up down and around, if I was using it as more of just a play bike i'd still go 15.5" despite being 6ft.
    I'd say 15.5" for yourself. Oh and I paid £130 for a 2004 17.5" one second hand, shabby paint.
    £250 for a second hand 2007 one (in 2008) with evolve XC post and hope seatclamp.
    I'd say for a good condition one, you're looking at about £225.

nigew
    Free Member

Its not mine but this is a good price
    Ebay

Sancho
    Free Member

15.5" Im 5'10" and I have a 17.5" and reckon any smaller and Id get the 15.5"

JimBowen
    Free Member

😀 Big thanks for the advice everyone 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What size Cove Stiffee’ is closed to new replies.