Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What size Cove Handjob for a 6fter
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

What size HJs are you 6footers out there riding? Im looking at a 19.5, with Fox Vannila 130mm fitted. Or could I get away with the 17.5?

Cheers

oldfart

Well i'm 6ft and i rode a 17.5 .My mates 6ft 4ins and he's got the 19 .Like a gate for me but i like a more manouverable frame the bigger one felt too unwieldy to me .

oldfart

If you are anywhere near mid somerset i've still got mine and i could arrange to get hold of the bigger one for to try if that helps ?

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Cheers oldfart, but Im up north scotland. Thanks for the offer

Teetosugars
    Free Member

17.5" here..

sherry
    Free Member

I'm 6'5" and ride a 21" HJ with a 100mm stem and lay back seat post and feels plenty manoeuvrable without the top tube feeling to short on long climbs/days.

DezB
    Free Member

I always think my Medium HJ looks really small under me when I see photos! Rides perfectly though, but I'm a touch over 5'10".
    I think you should try to get a test ride.

eg. (pic by PeterPoddy 🙂 )

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive got a 17 you can have a quick roll on…or if your closeish to laggan lindsay runs some cove demo bikes..not sure if hes got a 19"

it depends on your inside leg length… 😆

Kit
    Free Member

I'm 5'11" and a bit, and ride a 17.5". Its probably a touch small for me, but a 19.5" would have been ridiculous I think!

If you're around Edinburgh you're welcome to try it out for size.

Cove in Snow

Hobster
    Free Member

6 foot and ride a 19.5 with a 70mm stem. feels fine to me but do sometimes think a 17.5 may have been better.

rOcKeTdOg

6ft 2" both of mine were 19"

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What size Cove Handjob for a 6fter’ is closed to new replies.