Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What should I do with my ride souvenir? (Silly woman content)
  • cinnamon_girl

Sorry but C_G is reaching new depths here 🙄

In one of my favourite little woods I came across a horseshoe. Removed nails and a bit of mud then shoved in backpack. Then forgot about it.

Today wondered why backpack was so heavy then discovered said horseshoe, stinking and rusty 😯

So … what's the best way to clean this and where should I hang it for good karma? I am assuming it can ward off evil spirits? Any shamen like to profer an opinion?

Thank you so much!

5thElefant
    Free Member

What I do with the ones I've found is stick them in the pot plants as feline tank traps to stop the furry little git crapping in the pots.

miketually
    Free Member

I took the horseshoe off my garage door and replaced it with a chainring 🙂

It's a stainless steel ring, so doesn't need anything doing to it to stop it rusting.

The horseshoe it replaced was painted. Hammerite?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Traditionally hung over front door to ward off 'evil spirits' – cultural differences as to whether 'points up' or 'points down' is most effective, as for cleaning, stick it in the dishwasher ???

rOcKeTdOg

soap and water then wire wool, hang it over the bike room/garage/whatever ensuring it's the right way up so the luck doesn't run out

tthew

Best way to clean it would be a wire brush on a power drill. Hold it in a vice/workbench though rather than by hand, and wear safety specs, (minimum ,goggles better) and gloves as the wires do tend to fly off sometimes.

Then paint it or it will just go rusty again.

(edit – a traditional wire brush will work OK too, but take longer and you'll still have to paint it)

cinnamon_girl

Such quick replies! Thanks guys!

Is a brillo pad an acceptable substitute for wire wool?

I really would prefer to have it in the house, should it face north or south then?

rOcKeTdOg

brillo pad is fine, just paint or coat it with something after as it will go rusty again face it anyway you like

s8tannorm
    Free Member

It's not a North South thing … just hang it up like a U.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Or you could find another three, and then you have a free set for the feet of your bike with legs should you ever buy one?

tankslapper
    Free Member

As above – hang it up the right way or the luck will run out of it 😆

bananaworld
    Free Member

Horeshoes are defo best on the wall and not on horses – sorry Ms Bananna, but barefoot is best! 8)

Flaperon

Find a farrier and ask nicely for a brand new shiny one?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Not if you're after the lovely clippy cloppy sound it isn't Mr/Ms world! I can imagine that Ms Girl would be.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Oh no, you're one of those 'road-riders' ain't ya?

Sheesh, did you see the name of this website: SINGLETRACK World? As in off-road. You don't "clip clop" in the mud!! 😉

So, C_G, you getting a pony anytime soon? Ti stirrups, I assume!

cinnamon_girl

Well, it's had a scrub and still looks pretty minging 😯

annabananna is definitely right, 3 more would be brilliant for when I want to sit on my high horse again 🙄

bananaworld – I reckon that the naughty wood sucked the horseshoe off the poor gee-gee – this wood never dries out even in summer! No more horse-riding for me – would rather have Ti on the bike!

Thanks for amusement everyone!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

C_G, if you want it properly cleaned then give it to me on the 16th and i'll get it shot blast at work then post it back to you.

cinnamon_girl

Hey Mulletus – that would be brilliant, thank you very much!

simonralli2
    Free Member

CG

YGM (via facebook) 🙂

Si

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What should I do with my ride souvenir? (Silly woman content)’ is closed to new replies.