Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What shop to service cycle in London
  • kimbers

mate of mine has been quoted 100 quid plus any parts and labour for a full service by Cycle Surgey!!

anyone recomend a cheaper LBS

cheers

kimbers

crazy-legs

That’s about normal for a full strip and rebuild. It includes hubs, headset etc, strip down to bare frame so you’re paying for the time and expertise of the mechanic.
    Evans charge £95 for the same, Condor is about £100. Try Brixton Cycles (020 7733 6055) but there’ll almost certainly be a wait of at least a week before they can fit it in.

colwyn58
    Free Member

where’s he live?

andym
    Free Member

Might be worth trying somewhere outside central London. But have you called out a plumber lately?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Where’s he based? That’s ballpark but I know private people will do it for a lot less – I’ve done it for numpty mates routinely for a beer.

Lanesra
    Free Member

There’s this guy in Acton who also does mobile repairs etc..

http://www.gumtree.com/london/77/33966677.html

walleater

How much did the bike cost? Significantly more than £100 I guess….

Do it yourself if you don’t want to spend the money….

thomthumb
    Free Member

sounds about right

Alb
    Free Member

Keith & Jos over @ Tour de Ville in Hackney are pretty niffty with a spanner (if it’s a road bike). Very reasonable prices too http://www.tourdeville.co.uk

Alb
    Free Member
    GJP
    Free Member

For road bikes Pearsons in Sutton charge £90 and SigmaSport in Kingston/Hampton wick charge £115 for a “full” service – so £100 does seem to be the going rate.

Unless it needs a complete overall I would invest in the minimum set of tools required and learn to do it himself.

brakes
    Free Member

if they’re charging extra on top for labour what’s the £100 for?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What shop to service cycle in London’ is closed to new replies.