• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • what shock for an alpine 160?
  • shreck
    Free Member

whick shock would be best for an alpine 160 please?

carlphillips
    Free Member

Deuller on my mates old alpine was good.
    Ccdb or ccdb air would be good too

LoCo
    Free Member

DSP dueler ( obvs 😉 )Monarch plus if you like to set it and ride or CCDB if you don’t mind fiddling with settings.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I need to sort my spelling out 😳 dueler I meant!

wrightyson
    Free Member

I rode inners uplift approximately 3 yrs ago with a group from Halifax. One of whom was the factory manager from orange. He had the latest alpine (prototype or whatever you’d call it) for that day and it had a cane creek double barrel on it and I think he swore by it. All a bit pie in the sky but he was quick!

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Running a CCDB and it is the best shock I’ve ever used!

element
    Free Member

I’ve just changed from a rp23 factory to CCDB air cs totally changed my alpine best upgrade I’ve bought for years.

maxtorque

DBair vote here too!

shreck
    Free Member

how do you do links sorry

element
    Free Member

Hey you need a 215 x 63mm shock I’ve got the xv can on mine with 8 x 22 mount kits.

waldo1
    Free Member

+1 for the ccdb. I had one on mine a few years ago. it was great fun, a bit weighty but worked well.

Northwind

CCDB for going down. RP23 for everything else. Change at the top 🙂

(CCDB really is superb but there’s a tradeoff for everything that isn’t hard use. Unless you dial in a really damped setup at which point, why bother? Alpine can be an allrounder or it can be a bomber so really up to you.)

21dwb
    Free Member

I’ve just gone from CCDB coil to the new Fox Float X; although i have not tried it on anything to severe so far i’m more than happy with it. Plus it’s about 0.65kg lighter.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

CCDB coil is sublime.
    Ti spring dropped an alarming amount of weight. They crop up regularly on classifieds, I didnt pay eye watering rrp, and you’ll get back what you paid for it if you ever sell it on (same goes for a used CCDB).
    215×63 aka 8.5×2.5 is the length you want.
    If I ever replace my Alpine (cant see it happening) I’ll be keeping the CCDB.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Just had my RP23 fitted with the PUSH internals and then a few other little mods by TF Tuned (Mr Flooks himself was suggested a few things while he worked on it) and I’m happy to say it works great. A service be custom tune worked out a lot less than getting a new shock

shreck
    Free Member

Thanks people so the one on eBay will fit?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yes its the right length and stroke.

Purchase justification is you’ll see more of your money back if you end up selling it compared to a PUSH tune/service which won’t really add value. It’s a popular size which plenty of bikes use.

edd
    chaz
    Free Member

CCDB coil is ace, Tispring a must. thinking of selling mine if your interested with tispring too much for my style of riding 216×63/8.5×2.5 looking for 220 or200 with normal spring email me for more

hora
    Free Member

OP I have a DSP Dueller. I’d do it for 150 b/transfer. More for PPal

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-dsp-dueller-rear-shock-with-ti-coil?replies=6#post-5416187

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘what shock for an alpine 160?’ is closed to new replies.