Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What rack for a Salsa Vaya?
  • lewislippiatt
    Free Member

I want to buy a rear rack for my Vaya. I’m fairly sure I want a Tubus Logo. They’re a lot cheaper on Rose than anywhere I can find in the UK, but they only have the 29er version in stock at the mo.

So, what’s the difference between that and the 700c one (since that’s actually the same wheel size anyway…)? Would the 29er one be somehow wrong/less good/silly?

Alternatively, what other options should I be considering?

RustySpanner

It’s the same one, I think.

The Euro sites just refer to them as 29, as far as I know.

The stainless Cosmo is only a few quid more…..shiny.
    🙂

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

Tubus’ site seems to say that there’s one version for 26″+28″ (which I guess is 700c with skinny road tyres?) and a separate 29″ version.

I think I prefer the black to the stainless, stealthy

RustySpanner

I think the 28 is how they refer to 650b?

I may well be wrong.
    🙂

lewislippiatt
    Free Member

I want you to be right, which is probably enough for me to hit the buy button 🙂

busta
    Free Member

28inch is the same rim diameter as 29 and 700c. There may be slightly more clearance under the 29er rack, but then most european 28″ bikes would be running close to a 2″ tyre so the difference, if any, would be marginal.

CraigW
    Free Member

Rose have the Logo Evo in the 26″/28″ size. Seems to be very similar to the Logo Classic, but slightly lighter, and a bit cheaper. http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/tubus-logo-evo-carrier/aid:555532
    Or Bike24 have both the Classic and Evo 26″/28″, same sort of prices as Rose.

Personally, I don’t really like the Logo rack, as the top part is rather narrow. So tricky to attach any sort of rackpack. But its good if you just have panniers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What rack for a Salsa Vaya?’ is closed to new replies.