Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What protection does PayPal give you?
  • keppoch

As title really, what are the benefits of PayPal with fees as opposed to PayPal as gift? Couldn’t really work it out when I looked.

Drac

With Gift you’re giving them the money for no services so you get no protection, it’s a gift see.

keppoch

I understand there is protection I am missing out on but I cannot actually see what that protection means.

Do I get my money back should goods/service not materialise?

Northwind

I got £250 back after someone on Pinkbike decided not to send me some forks, I was skeptical tbh but it was pretty straightforward. Outside of ebay it’s a bit harder to demonstrate the transaction/loss I think, but that was all- I had to send them a bunch of emails and screenies, helpfully the guy got outed on the forum as a thief and they took that into account too.

YMMV but I was quite impressed. TBH the danger’s possibly the other way round, it felt a little bit exploitable.

sandwicheater

I drive through red lights and shout pppaaaayyypppaaal. Nothing bad has happened so I assume it gives me all the protection I need.

keppoch

Northwind – OK that is the sort of experience that makes it sound worth it. Thanks.

sandwicheater – you should market that advantage.

matt_outandabout

None.

I paid for accomodation for holiday and had an issue – not covered as the only cover goods. 😐

I paid for second hand kayak gear, it was not as described when I went to collect. Paypal refused at first to refund as I had bought second hand goods, and should have got money at the time face to face… 😐

I barely use PP now, only where I am forced to…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What protection does PayPal give you?’ is closed to new replies.