Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What POS headset is this?
  • akaskittles
    Free Member

So I have a voodoo bokor hardtail 26″ And I wanted to clean out headset and give it some new grease. I take out the fork and I see the bearings are integrated into the headset cups. How do I take the bearings out for a service? And as for that matter, anyone here ride a bokor and has upgraded their headset? thanks!

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

The original headset in the bokor appears to be water soluble. The “summer/autumn” of 2012 was enough to see it decay into a mess of iron oxide, far, far quicker than any headset, peddle or axle I have known.

IIRC the headset sizing is nothing obtuse – i think i fitted a cheap Richey unit that used sealed bearings, so if you decide to replace the original, you should be fine. The Richey one has lasted much longer.

akaskittles
    Free Member

Yes, I intend to replace most of the bearings.

wwaswas

I’d just buy a cheap headset with proper sealed bearings and fit that.

I’ve never had any success with more open designs however much maintenance they’ve had.

binners

FSA Orbit XL11 is the usual answer to any headset issues. Sealed cartridge bearings, bombproof and can be had for about £25. Fit it and forget it!

I’ve fitted one as a default to pretty much every bike I’ve owned. If you look for headset advice on here, it seems a lot of other folk do too

akaskittles
    Free Member

Will that fit into the Bokor headtube?

binners

Is the head tube 1 1/8″, or is it one of those fancy new-fangled tapered ones.

I’ve just had a quick look on the Halfords site and it looks like a standard 1 1/8″ job. In which case, this seems like a damn good deal at On one

In the pimpy colour of your choice 🙂

akaskittles
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks binners, I’ll probably go with the red colour 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What POS headset is this?’ is closed to new replies.