Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What nice things to do in and around Peebles?
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Spending the night in Peebles in a few weeks time with the little lady. What is there to do that’s nice and can include her?

She said she would be up for some cycling, so we might head to GT for a couple of hours. But what else is there to do or see in the area? Nice castles? etc etc.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

There are some nice walks to be had around Cardrona Forest. The good lady wife did some walks around there when I was at GT.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Innerleithen is just along the road which has ace cycling and walking. Traquair house is worth a visit as is the printing works in Innerleithen high st. Total time capsule. Good fishing and golf,plenty pubs and nice food as well. A lovely walk along the river will take you from peebles to innerleithen as well(about 5 mikes) and you can ride it by bike. Theres also a glentress bus service now which means you could get that and take your bikes into edinburgh and come back on it. Hope you enjoy it!

hels
    Free Member

Dawick Gardens, if that kind of thing is your cup of tea, about 5 miles north.

Check out this listings at the Eastgate Theatre, it’s a bit hit and miss but sometimes they have good stuff.

If you time it right the legendary Villeneuves wine tasting might be on. Well worth the £20 ticket price, that is normally mid november.

Pigface
    Free Member

For eats go to the Sunflower Restaurant very very nice.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Think we will go see Traquair house and cycle to inners to see the printing works etc. Memu for the Sunflower looks good so will pay them a visit.

There is a Jonny Cash play at the Eastgate Theatre but on Friday 🙁
    and unfortunately we missed the wine tasting…that would have been right up my street!

cheers

sam_underhill

Go cycling !

Seriously; I encouraged my Mrs to ride at Glentress with me, although she has been very willing over the summer to gain some skills and finally enjoy some more interesting cycling.

Best thing I’ve ever done. She came away from 2 days jabbering away like a kid who can’t get their story out quick enough after a field trip. It transformed her confidence and riding.

We got a deal at Barony Castle and the restaurant there was great. Nice gastro pub style cooking and only something like £25 for 3 courses.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What nice things to do in and around Peebles?’ is closed to new replies.