Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What mech for Hope 10-48 cassette
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Was planning on getting a lovely 10-44 cassette on the next bike, but seen the dinner plate 48t meaning I can probably go up a chainring size and still have a getout gear!

Question is though, will the standard SRAM mechs work with such a big range? I’ve always beena shimano guy but just made the switch). Is it a case of B-screw all the way in or am i going to have problems with a medium cage or dodgy shifting?

Poopscoop

When is the 48T available? Anyone know?

Im guessing even a GX 11 spd mech should be ok…?

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Couple of months I think – but that should tie in nicely with the time I get the frame! Was looking at a GX mech, but wondered if anyone’s had any luck with them on the 11sp expanders etc

Poopscoop

There is a review online with the GX mech and the 44T Hope.
    Found it via google earlier when you posted this. 😉

guydsigns
    Free Member

Hope replied to my email saying they are available now direct from them @ £175 and usable with an M8000 mech although i didnt ask if the medium cage was adequate. Still cant wait to go 1x 11 with a big range such as this

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Ah damn – so they’re a bit more expensive too… I might just stick with the 10-44 and have the security that I’ve got with the med-cage mech. Cheers!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are more people using the 10-48 now? Are you getting away with the medium cage mechanism or does it need a long one?

zelak999
    Free Member

I had a 10-44 cassette and used an XTR medium cage rear mech with no dramas at either end.
    It was a bit weird shifting wise in about the 4th cog up from the 10 though. Shifting was never very crisp and it needed a bit more pressure at the shifter to get it to change nicely.
    I did spend a long time setting up and tweaking it so dont think it was down to operator error.
    Sold it and bought a SRAM X01 10-42 cassette in the end and this has been perfect for the same cost. haven’t particulary noticed the loss of the ‘2’ from the low end either.

jamesl3ell
    Free Member

10-48 tooth cassette with Shimano M8000 doesn’t work well. Likely work better with Sram 11 speed as the guide wheel tracks closer to the cassette.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What mech for Hope 10-48 cassette’ is closed to new replies.