Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What long fitting winter tights / bibs?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I'm returning yet another pair of what seemed to be long enough winter tights to CRC. What do the other man-size men wear that reaches all the way to the ankles?

jimithenomad
    Free Member

I wear endura thermostat bib longs, they are several years old now and i am not sure you can get them anymore , but they may do something similar.They are very warm , too warm really for spring /autumn, but in my opinion unequalled for full on winter use.They have a microfleece type lining vey cosy and soft, the front is a windstopper fabric and the rest is lycra. They have long adjuster straps, ankle zips, a low front high back. I am 6 foot and close to 15 stone now and when i got them years back i was a good stone+ lighter they still fit ok. They repel water quite well too being windstopper. The leg in this seems to bunch at the ankles a bit as they would probably fit guys several inches taller. If i am honest i got this size to fit my size not my height , but they are snug and not too long for me. This would suggest they would fir a taller leaner rider even better. SIZE XL
    There is no chamois/pad but there is enough room for your chosen one to fit without restricting bloodflow!

soobalias
    Free Member

3/4 bib tights.
    with some altura trousers over the top when its really really cold and horrid

course you will have to buy XL bib longs and cut the straps off the bottom 😛

adey205
    Free Member

my son has the same problem, him being 6'3" and only 11 stone wet through.
    he's now deciced he wants to take up this riding lark more seriously and is desperste to find some tights that will fit. he does have a limited budget though.

p.s sorry for the hi-jack

jond
    Free Member

Lusso do theirs with footloops – so they *ought* to reach 🙂 There's a few variants including Roubaix and a (coolmax) lycra version (good for autumn/spring). I've one pair which are probably 10 years old (slightly different outer material to the current stuff) but still work fine. I'm 5'10 (~32" waist, 39" chest) and a medium fits me fine , but there's enough material in the shoulder straps they ought to handle someone taller.

Ribble seem to have good availability (particularly the coolmax, which I couldn't find elsewhere).

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Lusso-BIBTIGHTS/LUSSZBBT

The seat padding is just two layers of material, but I've never needed anything underneath with the Roubaix version (I've only ridden the coolmax version on a recumbent)

MrSmith
    Free Member

gore stuff seems to very long for 'longs' im tall and skinny so have to have footstraps and a lot of clothing can be too short in the leg despite having short legs for my height.
    have a pair of size small gore bibtights and they are almost too long in the leg and i'm 6ft1.
    size medium lusso is long enough for a 30in waist 6footer but i find them a bit cheap and cheerful and all the lusso stuff i have has fallen apart quite quickly.

Ambrose

DHB- wiggle, work for me. I'm 6'4"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What long fitting winter tights / bibs?’ is closed to new replies.