• This topic has 48 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What kneepads for all day xc rides ?
  • noeljenkins

^^^^^^ ,indeed, and in fact, as I said in my OP

🙂

OK – what about dabbling with a set of Dainese hybrid knee guards? Low profile and high protection for sure.

iainc

Thanks, some Dianese trailskins on their way from Wiggle 😀

jamesfts
    Free Member

Well the Leatt pads turned up and I think they’re going to be sent back to CRC.

Having got used to the Troy Lee 5450s they’re just a bit too bulky in comparison and the fit is strange – they feel tight around the top and bottom but baggy around the knee itself.

Tempted to try the trail skins or just order another set of 5450s.

dantsw13

I’ve also just got a set of the Alpinestars Paragons. Very impressed – 4 days pedalling in the tweed valley and I didn’t even notice them on. £30 ish too.

Dogsby

Troy Lee are the way ahead. I have had them fold ages and they are extremely comfy. However, I have never fallen off!

Dogsby

iainc

Dianese Trailskins arrived, tried and going back – too loose at the top in large and too tight at the calf in medium. Couple of sets of Alpinestars Paragons on their way now 🙂

MSP

Is the padding in the paragons impact foam (d30 type stuff) or just plain foam, it isn’t clear from the decription.

iainc

dunno, but will tomorrow when they arrive 🙂

Hoping that they offer a bit more protection that my RaceFace Charge ones without too much compromise on comfort.

iainc

Paragons feel pretty decent. I ordered medium and large as on the boundary on size chart, reviews seem to suggests size up if in doubt. Both sizes feel comfy around house so will send back the Mediums I think. Thanks for all the ideas 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What kneepads for all day xc rides ?’ is closed to new replies.