• This topic has 97 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • What knee pads for XC?
  • milkyman
    Free Member

i just think its another thing to sell to us all, i have been riding for years and never had the need, but then im maybe not rad/quick enough

i ride in the peaks and theres not much of soft landings, and tend to land on my back if i go over the bars

GW
    Free Member

the tread title is a question, what knee pads for XC? your reply

[b]none.[/b]

so you are telling the OP not to wear pads.

No, just answering his question

You didn’t reply “I choose not to wear pads…”, you said the best pads for XC are no pads.

didn’t need to, Duane’d know full well I meant for me 😉

Oxboy
    Free Member

Bloody hell, 3 pages worth!
    All he asked was ‘I would like to get some less bulky pads for when I’m doing a spot of XC/riding involving pedalling uphill. Will be worn with baggies.

Cheaper the better.’

He wants to ride with knee pads, thats all . . . .

Kevevs
    Free Member

Duane, you are asking a bunch of bored middle aged, married IT bods/engineers about what they would do if they were 20 and RAD!. I’d trust my own intuition if I were you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

talking of idiots…

Cooeee!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

All of this rubbis h about not wearing pads when riding XC. Last year – when riding XC – on christmas eve i hit a frozen rut end went down hard on my bent knee. I hit a rock stuck up and my knee spit about 4″ accross down to teh knee cap and tendons etc. 9hrs in hospital, 13 sticthes (inside and outside) and 3 weeks off the bike.
    I know wear pads all the time!!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

also depends on where your xc is

M6TTF
    Free Member

They didn’t exist 20 years ago, neither did any firm of suspension yet we still rode the same trails. I’ve never worn them, and yes I have whacked a knee of several occasions over the years but never felt the need to pad up. Personal choice is a wonderful thing, if you wanna pad up then pad up

awesom-o
    Free Member

I smashed my knee against the coffee table while reading this thread…I wish I was wearing some knee pads around the house 😯

This thread was good timing as I’ve been thinking about some pads for wet, winter peaks riding. My knee measures in the 2XL range of the G-Form sizing guide, does anyone know if there’s any chance of the L/XL Endura MT500s would fit?

jedi

i dont wear them on local rides but do if i go anywhere rocky as i have a lump on the side of my knee where i broke it and i need to protect it.

duanne, look at fuse bmx pads if you want soft cap but i’d use what ya got

FieldMarshall

awesom-o

Likewise, in the market for some new pads but I was wondering the exact same thing, 2XL in GForm but no idea whether the L/Xl MT500s would fit.

Have not ridden without pads for years, but have done so on last few rides as my old ones have died.

Feels strangely good not riding with the weight/restriction of the pads , but feel I need some protection for the occasional off.

Hi Jedi, how’s things?

awesom-o
    Free Member

FieldMarshall, according to the post from ‘FuzzyWuzzy’ over here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/g-form-knee-pads-fit
    it might even be 3XL for me 😐 doesn’t look like the L/XL MT500s will fit…sorry about the slight hijack

monkeychild
    Free Member

So how do these MT500s size up???

SOAP
    Free Member

ill post sizes when L/XL turn up!

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Fell asleep last night reading all the “going off on a tanget, you don’t need to do that bullsh1t”

I’m awake now and intending to try these

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/bike

CaptJon
    Free Member

The funniest thing about this thread is that Duane’s usual riding is proper gnarrrrr (assuming it is the same Duane i’m thinking of).

handyman
    Free Member

When we were riding in the gnarly centre of essex Danbury one of our group at speed kneed a hidden tree stump we had to carry him out after that i wore knee pads i know have the yellow and black g pads, great fit keep my knees warm now and i forget i have them on

jedi

fieldmarshall, i’m cool and the gang dude 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘What knee pads for XC?’ is closed to new replies.